You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00130 Nov 2002

Sri Parthasarathi thunai
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
Dear Sri Guna swamy,
Adiyen will try to answer this to my limited knowledge. Adiyen humbly requests
all learned bhagavats of this group to clarify this doubt in a better manner.
Emperuman surely comes infront of the prapannas while he breaths the last.
Swamy mAmunigal says, "kanaga giri mEl kariya mugil pOl vinadhai siruvan mEl
kondu thanuvidum pOdhum ErAr arangar ETHIRASARKA enpAl vAra munnirpar
magizhindhu". Here swamy says that Sri Ranganatha will come in front of him in
garuda vAhanam when his soul leaves his body. While asked, why should he come?
Swamy answers, "EthirAsarkA" So since adiyen has the sambhandam of Ramanuja
perumal is sure to come in front of me when my soul leaves this body and starts
its journey towards paramapadam. So that is true for each one of us who have
the ramanuja sambhandam (and according to ethiraja the sambhandam of his dasas
make him more happy. we all have the sambhandam of ethi punarAvathAram which
was cherished greater by lord ranganatha himself.)
So now that the soul has started its journey, Who goes along with him on the
way?
"thAladainthOr thangatku thAnE vazhithunaiyAm* kAlamEgaththai kadhiyAkki
meeluthalAm A-thamillA vinnulagil A-ga vennum mAranena*kEdhamulla thellAm
kedum" (Swamy manavala mAmunigal, ThiruvAimozhi nootrandhAdhi-91)
So again thirumOgoor Aththan bhagavan comes to show us the way.
Our acharyas say one example. One person came to a place and asked another
person nearby for the whereabouts of an address. The other person said that he
knew the address well and also the person Sri Rangarajan who he wanted visit
and accepted to drop him in that house himself. They both went to the address
the person who gave him lift went inside and returned back saying "Now come on
tell me what you want and who you are? Iam Rangarajan". The same person who
gave him the lift has turned out to be the person he wanted to visit also.
Similarly perumal is both the upayam and upEyam.
HE guides us through the path to the Srivaikundam. "soozhnindra mAl visumbhil
thollaivazhikAtta Azhindhadhanai muttru anubhaviththu*-vAzhindhangu
adiyavarudanE yirundha vAttrai yuraiseithAn*mudimagizh sEr jnana muni"
(thiruvaimozhi nootrandhAdhi-99). But alwar in this padhigam "soozh visum
panimughil" says all the welcome given to the soul all through the way and
mAmunigal also explains the archiradhi gadhi clearly as per the sastras in
arthi prabhandam. So though we enjoy the guidance of bhagavan along with us,
still the soul has to travel through the whole path common to all mukthAtmas as
sastram cannot become false (it is again bhagavan uvAcha which perumal himself
does not want to go against). But if we say due to sambhadam of mAmunigal we
will have amAnuvan sparsham it is not wrong since it comes to explain the
greatness of the acharya sambhandam. For acharya sambhandis, they would have
already got hte glory as perumal comes along with them, but the sparsham of
amanuvan would be just a formality like rama or krishna undergoing gurukula
vAsam with vishmAmitra or sandeepani.
This is adiyen's poor understanding. Adiyen begs the pardon of all the
bhagavatas for any mistakes and waits for your corrections.
Alwar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigale sharanam
Adiyen Ramanuja dAsee
Sumithra Varadarajan
gunsee <gunav@xxxx> wrote:Dear Smt.Smithra
Your posting was excellant , and this clearly shows ths "sarma upAya
nistai"- Acharya Abimanam , in this context of Amanumavan, I had a
doubt , I heard from Upanyasam that when you have the Peria Jeers
Thiruvadi on your head, you are sure of Moksham and in Viraja River,
the soul will not be touched by Amanumavan and will be guiided by
Lord Sriman Narayana Himself and the soul will not get the "sparisam"
of "amAnumavan" .
Can you pl clarify this for me.

Adiyen
Guna

--- In ramanuja@xxxx, sumithra varadarajan <sumivaradan@xxxx> wrote:

> Sri Parthasarathi thunai,
> Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha,
> Sri Vara Vara MunayE Namaha,
> Sri VanAchala mahA munayE Namaha.
>
> Dear Smt. Raji and all other bhagavatas,
>
> In this posting, let us see the essence of the paasuram given below
briefly and there by understand the charamOpAya nishtai of Sri
Erumbiappa.

> "mannuyir_kAL ingE maNavALa mAmunivan *
> ponnadiyAm senkamalappOthukaLai * - unnis
> siraththAlE theeNdil amAnavanum nammai *
> karaththAlE theeNdal kadan " (upadesa ratina mAlai-74)
>
> Meaning: Oh! The people of this world, if you place the divine
feet of Swamy manavala mAmunivan on your head here then we are sure
to be touched by the hands of amAnavan.

been removed]

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam