You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00088 Nov 2004

Seeds of Pearls?

We have seen seeds of fruits, paddy being sowed. What is this seeds of pearls?

thirumangai AzhwAr mentions 'seeds of pearls' in thiruchithrakUtam? How is it?

The flood- peru nEr- brings alongwith it pearls. This,water floods the fields
and the pearls stay back on the fields. The pearls on the top of the fields
appear to have been sowed on them.

The fishes on seeing these are afraid that these are some shining stones and
try to avoid them. There is another stone on the back, another on the side,
another besides,making them jump everywhere.This is what kaliyan states as"
kayalgaL engum pAindhu vugaLa"

This is what we perceive "sowing the seeds of pearls"

This is described in the pAsuram
'serunEla ...
perunEr nivA vundhi muthum koNarndhu engum vithum-vayaluL,
engum kayal pAindhu ugaLa.." 3-2-9 ;

(to be continued)
vanamamalai padmanabhan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM