You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00119 Nov 2004

Mission Failure

Out for Weeding Out-Coming out without Weeding

kaLai kaLaiyAdhu yEArum

The womenfolk enter the fields to weed out-kaLai eduthal- as a part of their
agrarian activities.

The "neidhal" flower and "kuvaLai:"  are similar to their eyes.
The kumudham flower is akin to their lips.

They get confused due to these similarities and ultimately they come out of the
fields without weeding out. They perhpas think" How can we pluck our organs
itself?"

Thus, the beauty of the women in kAzhichsErAma viNNagaram is described by sri
kaliyan in the 3rd pAsuram.

"..neidhalOdu mai aNaindha kuvaLaigaL thankaNgaL enRum,
malarkumudham vAi ennum kadaisimArgaL,
sei aNaindhu, kaLai kaLaiyAdhu yEArum, kAzhisErAma viNNagarEA sEarminErEA"
3-2-3;

 kaLai kaLaiyAdhu yEArum

(to be continued)
vanamamalai padmanabhan