You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00168 Nov 2004

It was like receiving a benediction to see the
excellent photos of the tiruvallikkENi mA-munikaL
utsavam (as carried in the internet).

By the grace of Our Lord (nam-perumAL), I had the
fortune of organising the renewal of the old
mA-munikaL mural painting high on the northern wall of
the second enclosure (rAja-mahEndran tiru-c-chuRRu) of
the Great Temple of Srirangam.   The mural depicts
mA-munikaL discoursing on Sri-bhAshyam (as he had
received it from Sri kiDAmbi nAyanAr in kAncheepuram)
to Sri kOyil kandADai aNNan (Sri varada-nArAyaNa Guru)
and Sri eRumbi appA (Sri dEvarAja Guru).

ATTACHED is the photo of the mural as renewed.

The mural-renewal project was commissioned with
funding by Sri Ramarajan (former maniam of
tiruveLLaRai sannidhi), and was completed on July 10
(marked by Sriranga-nAicchiAr tiru-p-pAvADai
mahA-nivEdanam).

It was given to aRaiyar Sri Sampat-Srirangachar svAmi
to instal in the azhakia-maNavALan maNDapam an
impressive Tanjavur-idiom picture of mA-munikaL's
bhagavad-vishayam discourse.  It was at the conclusion
of the year-long discourse rendered in the audience of
namperumAL that the 'Sri-SsailESa dayA-pAtram' taniyan
was revealed.  The new picture was in replacement of
the old, and smaller-size, one that was hung for long
years in poor advantage.

This aRaiyar svAmi seems to be animated by the memory
and spirit of the great kUra-nArAyaNa jeeyar in
rendering precious service to Our Lord in terms of
renovations of the Great Temple structures and
greening of the environs.  His restoration of the
vasanta- maNDapam and the gifting of the gopuram-like
pagoda in teak wood carving for Our Lord are
remarkable for artistic taste and devotion.  In this
respect, the aRaiyar svAmi is in the ranks of Sri
Krishna-premi svami, Sri tiru-k-kOTTiyUr Madhavan
svami and Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Svami.   Salute them
all !

This is a happy scenario of true service to Our Lord,
even like the tribute to mA-munikaL, as recorded in
the pUrva-dina-charyA ~

("kAlE kAlE vara-vara-muni:
kalpayan manGalAni"

~ Bless mA-muni who planned and executed every day a
contribution and benign service.)

aDiyEn rAmAnuja-dAsan,
tirumanjanam Sundara Rajan.

(PS: Msg from Moderator: Ramanuja groups does not send attanchments,
so to send pictures, please upload them to
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ramanuja/lst   )

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM