You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00064 Nov 2005

SrI:

Dear SrI Pattangi svami,

A beautiful report capturing all the wonderful moments of the
celebration! All those who attended the divine event have been blessed
by AzhvArs and AchAryAs.

In Singapore, almost every month we assemble to celebrate the
Thirunakshatrams of AzhvArs, AchAryAs and perumAL (SrIjayanthi,
SrInrusimha JayanthI etc.) We usually assemble at a srIvaishNavA's
gruham and the host prepares prasAdam to be offered to perumAL and
distributed to the SrIvaishNavas. This has been followed for the last
10 years.

MudalAzhvar & Acharya ThiruNakshatram's in Singapore - Report
===========================================================================================================================This
 month we assembled to celebrate the thirunakshathra mahOtsavam of
mudalAzhvAr(s), Srimath mAmunikaL and SrImath piLLai lOkAchAr (at
aDiyOngaL's kuTil on 06.11.05)

We had a wonderful sEvAkAlam which was followed by songs by
SrivaishNavAs. (aDiyEn got some guidance from SrI Vanamamalai
Padmanabhan svami regarding sEvAkAlam.)

aDiyEn was given the golden opportunity to talk on mAmunikaL. SrI TA
Varadan's write-up on the vaibhavam of svami (and the translation of
PBA svami's write-up) helped in preparing the speech (Thanks SrI TCA
Venkatesan for storing all these precious writings in www.acharya.org).

Then came the wonderful speech of SrI Madhavakkannan svami, which
never failed to captivate the audience for the simple and taila-dhArai
speech with lots of interesting sampradAya tit-bits. SrI
Madhavakkannan  svami talked on the AzhvArs, mAmunikaL and ulagAriyar.

Following bhagavadArAdanam and tadIyArAdanam, we chanted SrI VishNu
sahasra nAmam and a few more stOthrams.

Praying 'innumoru nURRaNDirum..' to mAmunikaL, we closed the event in
the late evening.

dAsan
Mukundan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM