You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00120 Nov 2005

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

Let us continue to enjoy Thirumangai AzhwArs wonderful
verses on Thiruvenkatamudiayaan.

kalayaami kalidhvamsam kavim lOkadhivaakaram
yaSya kObi: prakaaSaabir aavidhyam niHatham thama:

I meditate on the Poet, who is like the Sun for the
whole world, to destroy the darkness of ignorance
(a~jnAnam) with his word and who destroys the Kali
dhOsham.

ThirumangaiAzhwAr proceeds to plead the Lord of
TirumalA for His unbounded limitless mercy that pours
out on His own -out of His Greatest compassion on us.
Let us enjoy this nice ten on AzhwAr's plea.

mannaa immanisappiRaviyainNeekki,
thannaakith thanninaruLseyyumthalaivan,
minnaarmugilsEr thiruvEngkadammEya,
ennaanaiyennappan enneNYchiluLaanE.    1.10.6

Emperumaan- The One who has saved me from this most
sorrowful births and deaths by taking me to Him, and
alleviating my sorrows- the One who shows Himself so
gracefully at TirumalA, where the clouds take a nap
and relax along with the lightning- is in my heart and
shows Himself there! Can you all see this?
Till the fifth verse, AzhwAr prays to the Lord for His
krupa. Then in this verse, he declares:
nenjiluLLaanE..

We may wonder how? Between two verses, how the Lord
has entered in the 6th verse.

AzhwAr had prayed; The Lord has entered. What is our
concern? It is between the Lord and His devotee. It is
not necessary that the Lord has to wait for the whole
ten verses to end for Him to enter into the heart of
the AzhwAr.

Thirumangai AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

http://mail.yahoo.com