You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2001

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00048 Oct 2001

Dear Bhagavadas

Adiyen heard on one of the Upanyasam that Swami Vedantha Desikan can be counted
with Alwras as we have Swami Nammalwar in the Poorvacharya Ghosti, can some one
explain to me..

One more doubt with respect to Peria Jeer..Adiyen did hear thru Swami MA
VenkataKrsihnan's upanyasam last week (so excellent beyond words on
Thirupallandu) that Perialwar's nama vishesham, that Alwar got the name due to
Pongum parivu, through Pallandupasuram. Similarly jadAyu got the name of
PeriaUdayar due to his "ayushmAn" blessing to SriRama, now in the same context
are their any Pallandu slokam done by our Swami mAmunigal to get the name of
Peria Jeer or any other reason behind it.

Best Regards

Gunaseelan Venkatachary
Ph:408 588 6672

Home Page