You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00160 Oct 2002

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:

Dear Sri Ramanujadasan,

Humble pranams to you. Very nice article. True indeed
that without Sri MaNavALa mAmunigaL's commentaries on various works
of pUvAchAryAs,we would have been like wanderers in the forest.
You have quoted me/gita/nappinnai(bhakti-list). My response to the
question was wrt people quoting big bang theory(which itself is shaky)
and physicists like Stefen Hawking. So it was from the angle of
science,I made that statement. The statement God created the Universe
immediately throws the question who created God. That's why there are
many scientists who are either Atheists/Agnostics.

I love to restrict myself to EmperumAnAr. Knowingly why
EmperumAnAr would ask that question "why God created the Universe and
living beings(lIla vibhUthi)". I don't know if Sri Ramanuja has
treated this topic in his Sri BhAShyam. I'm reading in the descending
order,I was curious to know how the jivatma is received upon
liberation. As you said,lIla vibhUthi is for our benefits,to liberate
us from this samsAra and it is HE who struggles,toils,waiting to
achieve the same. In my eyes,if someone tries to explain love through
logic,it only leads to stupidity and ignorance.

Surely Lord SriRanganAthA has the power to explain the
lIla vibhUthi(put the question at the feet of the Lord). HE has the
power which is equivalent(or more)to the entire Universe in the form
of a tiny black hole. His reclining pose itself is food for thought
that one would feel guilty to go behind human beauties. Is there any
beauty that can match the beauty of Sri RanganAthA in bhOga shayanam?
NO. Now I can understand the impatience of SriRamanuja to reach Him
and the emotions that flow as a result of it in gadyatrayam. We are
surely more blessed than nityasuris to experience the reservoir of
redemptive mercy of Him. I strongly believe that He has the power to
convert an atheist/agnostic to a theist.

Note:Don't classify me as learned(that would be a disgrace to the
learned people). My knowledge is like that of "maNDUka",the only
difference being that Lord has showered His grace on me with the
knowledge that there are zillions of people who can outweigh me in
knowledge. My own personal experience(direct & indirect) has only
strengthened the position of nirhEthuka krpa to infinity.

AzhvAr EmperumAnAr Jeeyar TiruvadigaLE saraNam
NC Nappinnai/Gita

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com