You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00042 Oct 2003

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Dear Devotees: Please accept adiyen's humble pranam and
hear about this Dhivya Desam and Azhvar Pasurams on this Dhivya Desam- in Tamil

Discourse by: Dr. U.Ve A. V. Rangachari Swami Language: Tamil

Topic : Thiru-c-chitthira-koodam DhivyaDesa Vaibhavam Date: :

Sunday, October 12 th, 10:00 AM CST
Telebridge Ph# 1-702-835-5000 , Access Code: 91544 ,

Time: 10:00 AM CST Sunday.
The discourse is free of cost for interested devotees.

Maintaining an ancient temple is better than building a hundred new ones. That
is the reason why Yasoda who brought up Sri Krishna, attained greater eminence
compared to Devaki who gave birth to Him. When the temple is a Divyadesam this
is all the more significant. Serve Dhivya Desams in every way you can.

Many of you are already serving some temples.
"What we can do, we must" - As HE allows us to use HIS resources for HIM via
devotees like us. There are many many causes, we should try and do as much as
we can, these are
oppurtuniites the LORD is placing for us.

This is an appeal for kainkaryam at the Pundareekavalli Thayar Sametha Sri
Govindarajan Sannidhi in Chidambaram (thiru-c-chitthira-koodam).
This Divya Desam has been sung by our Kulasekhara Azhvar and our Thirumangai
Azhvar. Kulasekhara Azhvar sang our Govindarajan as Sri Rama whereas
Thirumangai Azhvar sang Him as Sri Krishna. By the Grace of our Acharya Sri
Ramanuja , all the Utsvams are going on well, but a big thunderstorm a few
months back severely damaged the top portion of the Raja Gopuram. The site has
been inspected by a sthapati who has asked for immediate attention. So we have
taken up the kainkaryam of renovating the Rajagopuram only. Estimated Amount -
Rs 120000

Please visit and pledge your support at:
http://www.vedics.net/projects/vkl.html

Dr. AV Rangachari, trustee of the Sannidhi will grace us live on
the Tele-Bridge to give us a discourse on this Dhivya Desam and answer any of
our questions on Sunday (Oct. 12)at 10AM CST
Tele Bridge Dial In Number : 1-702-835-5000 Passcode : 91544#

Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar ThiruvadigalE sharanam
Ramanuja adiyargaL
http://www.vedics.net