You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00059 Oct 2003

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:

Dear Devotees,
Accept my humble praNAms. All of a sudden I was
pondering over certain things I do daily and some questions arose in
my mind and hence this post. Some devotees would know immediately
from my signature that I haven't undergone samAshrayaNam yet. I don't
know how many apacArams I'm doing! Is it fine to do tiru ArAdhanam
for perumAL when someone(esp female)hasn't undergone samAshrayaNam?
During monthly cycle,ofcourse I don't do for Him(physically standing
in front of Him and offering) but my subconscious mind starts with
srisailesa dayapAthram...inclusive of the rahasyam(infact the whole
tiru ArAdhanam!).

Also I chant(it comes automatically) some AzhvAr pAsurams on those
days. Is there anything wrong? I also want to know if a female can
chant SVS on those days. I personally feel it is difficult to delete
the Lord on those days and more effort I put,it only leads to a total
fiasco. Infact,dvayam comes from my mouth more often on those days
than any other day. So,kindly clarify my doubts.

Thanks and best regards

AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
NC Nappinnai

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com