You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00071 Oct 2003

SrI:

Dear all

I guess doubting the supremeacy of nArAyanA is totally uncalled for.

All the vedAnthins have agreed about vishnu parathvam.

That is one point which they never debate on.

If one wants to step out of vedanthA and argue the supremeacy of
nArAyana and say some other devatAnthram is suprene we have nothing
to say.

Once when you call yourself a vedAnthin it is a clear cut fact and is
agreed upon by all vedAntha achAryAs.

I dont want to go in detail about this. there ahev eben lots of
discussions elsewhere in Sri vaishnavam related email lists Please go
hrough them patiently.. but in short..I will summarise and say that...

VedAs talk about so many deities(devathAs) and refer to them as
supreme.. in one context or the other but at a different context they
are reffered to be as born out of a karmA..

whenever vedas talk about nArAyanA it talks and refres to him only as
the supreme indweller the paramAthan the one without the second etc
etc and never as anything lesser.

Vedas never anywhere has said anything lesser than about nArAyanA..

There are no statements that say that nArAyanan is "born" or is
subjected to karmA or influenced by karmA or controlled by someother
diety etc etc..

I suggest to read books written by puttur swAmi on this because he
provides an answer in such a way that such questions or doubts will
never ever raise for anyone who reads it.

This is just not a matter of belief it is a matter of concrete proof
in vedAs and vedAnthas.

regards
Venkat

Home Page