You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00123 Oct 2003

Dear

Where in any pramAnas or commentry is parama padham stated as state of
present being??

What does the term parama padham mean??

How have the commentators of different schools of thought explained
the meaning and significance of this term??

I request the person who said that "para padham" is not a planet or
place in the universe,(what do you mean by the term universe) it is a
state of present being. to validate his "Statement" with pramaAnAs.

Or is it his own understaning or expression??

If it is so he has every right to have such a view..as he has the
liberty and freedom of speech thoughtane experssion..

But if expressed in a public forum please note others also have the
right to express their views which may be sometimes drastically (but
surely constructive) critical..replies and it applies to everyone who
posts here.

regards
Venkat

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, purohit@xxxx wrote:

> Adiyen
> Regarding the nature of Param Padam a fabulous definition is given
in Katha
> Upanishad:
>
> 10-11. When the five sensestogether with the mind cease (from their
> externalised activities) and the intellect itself remains tranquil,
that,
> they say, is the highest state (Paramam Padam).
>
> This state can be realised through meditation not through discussion,
> argument and forming religio-political stances and being dogmatic.
>
> Param Padam is not a planet or place in the universe, it is a state of
> present being.
>
> Adiyen
>
> Sri Ram

Home Page