You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00010 Oct 2004

Yes swamin. This is an etrnal cyle. So the SUM TOTAL of ATMAN is same in the
universe.

Now let us take the enlightened sould, who have done sranagathi in real, and are
up above as nitya suri's to the lord.

These atman never coms backto earth.

By this way the population of the earth has to decrease. But it is increasing.
Why?

Can the learned men of this group explain this rationally for the welfare of us
all.

Aparadaan kshmasva.

Dasan/raghavan

Mukundan <mukrupa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SrI:

Dear SrI.Ramanujam,

The following are purely based on my understanding by having attended
a few kAlakshepams and svAdhyAyam.

As it is easy for a learner to comprehend, we can take the lowkIka
subject "science" which has concluded that our body is supporting
plenty of living beings in and out.

There are many pamANams for this in the eternal vEdAs (as we hear
from elders, although I've not done vEdAdhyayanam). That's why our
viSishtAdvaita siddhAntam clearly says that jeevans are countless and
the cycle of creation-sustenance-destruction is also infinite (no
Adhyantam) irrespective of whatever number of jeevans get salvation
yugam-by-yugam.

It is said that a jeevan, after enjoying a good life (or servitute to
other dEvAs) in svarga lOkam is kicked out from there and reaches the
atmosphere of our bhUlOkam head downwards. It enters the water in the
cloud and comes down to earth. It enters the crops/plantations and
then the grains. The male human being (or animal) consuming the
grains gives place for the jeevan(s). Then the jeevan is either
transferred to the female being(garbham) as part of the process of
creation or is discarded out and has to undergo this process
again..... all by the sankalpam of the Lord. (ref: 'VaiNavam - Or
uraiyADal' by SrI.U.vE VN Gopala dEsikAchAr)

Similar thing happens to all jeevans (whether from hell or heaven)
until it does an upayam to reach His lotus feet.

So, the jeevan is there while the gharbam starts.

Although there are many simplified books available, aDiyEn advises
you to undergo a traditional study under a sadAchAryan of our
sampradAyam.

dAsan
Mukundan

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM