You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00075 Oct 2004

Dear Krishna

This refers to your mail asking about our religion.

There are five forms in which God,Sriman Narayana can be worshipped namely
paramapaada,Vyuham,Vibhavam, Antaryami and Archa.
Depending on one's inclination and spiritual evaluation,the form of worship
varies. Archa or the worship of the images of the God in temples sung by
Azhwars is the easiest and surest way to attain the purushartas.

You can get introduced to these concepts by attending upanyasams of vaishnava
scholars which are plenty in Chennai.

Madras Univrsity offers B.A. in vaishnavism by correspondence.It also offers a
full time course for two years for M.A. in vaishnavism. Tamil translation of
the vyakhyanams which are the source material for our sampradayam is available
in the university premises.Vaishnava Shree aand Sudarsanar publications in
English do greatyeoman service for the cause of vaishnavism.They give the basic
concepts correctly.

Ramakrishna Mission  publishes english translation of important Upanishads.
They are available at low prices and on important days,there are discounts in
prices also.Some knowledge of vedas is helpful in appreciating the contents.It
will be useful to memorise some portion of veda with the help of a vedic
scholar.

A naural desire and a feel and God's grace will make one knowledgeable in these
matters.

Adiyen Ramanujadasan

soundararajan

Krishna Iyengar <krishna_iy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear All,
I want to introduce myself as krishna. I am currently studying engineering
in chennai. I have joined this group recently as I wanted to learn about
my religion.zhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM