You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00111 Oct 2004

Srimathe Ramanujaya namaha;

Swamin,

      The subtle soul  which consist of our mind
,intelligence and ego carries our soul to one body to
another and carries our karmas also. according to that
we have to act in this life due to our past karmas
which we did in our previous countless lives.The soul
is encaged in this body. It has only minute
independence.so one cannot become  like Ramanuja even
if he wishes, if he had done bad karmas in his past
births.If one goes behind women and wine it is because
of his desire and because of his karma only and  it is
not because of God's will also. God only sanctions our
desire. If we want to be a good person he sanctions
so we take effort to become a good person. If we want
to be a bad person He sanctions that also. one cannot
suddenly become a good devottee in a single
birth.Unless he acquired good pious Karmas in his
previous births  it is impossible.Even if one had done
bad karma, by his devotional activities one can wash
away his previous karma.We should only have our
willingness and take  efforts to advance in bhakthi
and we get God's mercy.Our willing to serve god or not
is because of our minute independence and because of
our Past Karmas also.. our suffering and happiness is
our own making.,

Krishna dasee
Vedavalli Ranganathan

http://mail.yahoo.com