You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00133 Oct 2004

Dear Ms Nappinnai,

Thank you for informing me about swAmI's upanyAsam. We all should listen, read
with motivation to learn and not to earn puNya.

I disagree with you on one point. If we understand our pAratantryam, we
attribute it to His grace. If we still dont understand even after listening to
the learned, that is due to His mAyA (wonderful will, not illusion)!

We have a will that is different from His. That continues even after we think
we have performed all those things prescribed. This does not mean our will is
free. Our will, which is different from His (may be not so for nityas and
muktas), is under His full control.

dAsAnudAsan
Vishnu

vaidhehi_nc <nappinnai_nc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:

Dear All,
Whoever has doubts regarding swatantryam,listen to Swami
Velukkudi Krishnan's upanyAsam on tirumantram(Class 7)in
radioramanuuja.com. Hope people will get cleared. If not that's also
His grace!

For those who can't listen, Swami Krishnan says "when the jIvAtmA
thinks it is swatantran, it loses its swarUpam/adimaithanam. It only
brings destruction to the jIvAtmA".

AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
dAsAnu dAsI
NC Nappinnai

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM