You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00155 Oct 2004

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:
Dear TCA,
         So, how do we explain  the case of srI kUraththAzhvAn? Why
that Omnipotent,Omniscient... Lord was keeping quiet instead of
coming to the rescue of a bhAgavata??? The Lord had some plans to
prove/show something(AcArya bhakti) to the world thro' AzhvAn's
case. Is it not His grace? AzhvAn disobeyed rAmAnuja in many places
if we refer to our GPP. Even wrt to departing this bhUlOkam,he
wanted to show his AcArya abhimAnam. AzhvAn thought good for nAlUrAn
b'coz AzhvAn was a true bhAgavata.

         My question to you is,did rAmAnuja, being another bhAgavata
(he is many thing,for the time being we can ignore other things)wish
bad/curse for nAlUrAn or did he say the Lord was cruel to AzhvAn?

         If one doesn't want to consider that as God's grace, AzhvAn
should have taken credit for his own action. Instead he only said
may be he thought some bhAgavata's thirumaN was angled that's why
God took away his eyesight. If somebody tries to denigrate the Lord,
He will/knows to protect Himself. That's the supremacy of our
religion over all other religions. You don't propagate vedas like
the westerners do wrt their scripture. Our scriptures(if you guys
say vedas are the breath of srIman nArAyaNA) are fundamentally
strong that it can exist on its own without our support. Well, the
functioning of our own body is not in our hands! Why the thEpperumAL
of kAnci is keeping His mouth shut witnessing all kinds of nonsense
(instead of using His cakram)? Has anyone found solution to that
problem? That's also His grace. Once I listened to Swami MAV's
upanyAsam on doctrinal differences. He quoted kamban's some verse.
That's a different topic anyways! I will continue this in the next
post and I am going to use your own posts on bhaTTar's to address
this issue. You write wonderfully about bhaTTar's story/anecdotes,
yet ask this kind of question:-) I'm not as erudite as you're but
I'm prepared to wait for that Lord to shower gnyAnam on me b'coz
there is an immense pleasure in that waiting time that one can't
describe!

AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
dAsAnu dAsI

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM