You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00218 Oct 2004

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vaidhehi_nc" <nappinnai_nc@xxxx>
wrote:

> Sri:
> Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:
>
> Dear Devotee,
>             It is my guess, that dAsatvam/servitude is the
> bottomline and the height of all worships to God. bhAgavat
> kaimkaryam is superior to bhagavad kaimkaryam. We can't serve God
> directly. He is not going to appear infront of everybody for us to
> do service to Him. If we do service to His devotees, it is
> equivalent to serving Him. Other devotees can correct me or add.

That is what yAmuna muni says. After requesting Him for bhakti or
ananya bhOgyatA, he further says that he prefers to be an insect in
the house of those having such SEshatva buddhi, rather than becoming
even chaturmukha elsewhere.

tava dAsya sukhaika sanginAm
bhavanEshvastvapi kIta janma mE
itarAvsathEshu mAsma bhUt
api mE janma chaturmukhAtmanA

By serving the AchArya, we get to know of the Lord, as krshNa
says "tadviddhi praNipAtEna parpraSnEna sEvayA..". By knowing the
Lord and trying to serve Him, we develop love for His devotees and
serve them, the most practical way of living (better serve all human-
beings than trying to judge whether someone is a bhAgavata or
abhAgavata). SVB 412 is wonderful.

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Vishnu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM