You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00017 Oct 2005

 sri:

EMBERUMAN AND ACHARYAN

In today?s world we suffer with innumerable problems every day. Improper thoughts, meaningless speech, immoral actions have become the order of the day. On the one hand, innumerable alien religions and cultural practices, not present in the days of rishis, azhwars and acharyas, have rooted into our society and cause deterioration of our values and ethos. On the other hand, scientific advancement is making strange changes to our outlook of life and is perplexing our thoughts.

In 1966 we had a great philosopher as the President of our country. He once said in great despair, ?I traveled all over the world. Scientific advancement is made in every aspect of life. However, people are shrouded in darkness and emptiness. There is no peace of mind and tranquility in life.?  Even today we are in the same state of affairs. Great Sages say ?Not just today, eternally, darkness is the order of this world?. All we get from this materialistic world is sorrow and pain. Our five sense organs only seek despicable sensual pleasures. Amidst this misery and sorrow, we think we are having full happiness and simply live. Such is our pitiable state!

In these days when Kali is dancing all over, even Emberuman is helpless. Since He cannot find a single true ?bhaktha?, he is reluctant to come down. Does that mean we are simply left to our senses unprotected? Undoubtedly, ?NO!? Emberuman takes the form of a true Acharyan and lends the helping hand.

Azhwar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam
Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam

Adiyen

For Vedic Books :
Ramanuja Dasan
Sampath Kumar Padmanaban

http://www.radioramanuja.com/acharyas/karpangadu/

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

U s bank home mortgage U s patent search Corporate culture
Business culture of china Illinois

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia