You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00070 Oct 2005

Vedics_Free_Bridge Ph: 319-279-1015 Code: 216039#
sri:
srimathE rAmAnujaya nama:
srimadh vara vara munayE nama:

Humble pranam to all devotees:

On account of upcoming Thirunakshathiram of Swami Manavala mAmunikal, Vedics if blessed to bring this upanyasam:

"Musical references in mAmunikal's vyakyanams"

By Sri U. Ve. P. T. Seshadri Swami.

Date and Time:
Sunday, October 16, 2005, 9 AM CST.
Vedics_Free_Bridge Ph: 319-279-1015 Code: 216039#
Cost: FREE

Language: Tamil

These codes are differrent from the paid upanyasams code.
Please note down this number.

Please join us with family and friends for this upanyasam and please
spread the word around for any interested devotee.

A note on the topic Manavala Mamunikal Vyakyanathil Isai Kurippu (Musical references) :

As we all know Swami  Manavala Mamunikal is known as vishadha vAk
sigAmani . we have seen his vidwath in his various commentaries and we used
to recite "Poi illatha Manavala Mamunigal" for his great commentaries . In
swami's commentaries there are multiple facets like his simplicity, deep of
knowldege in moola grantham, syle of explanation , like making sure the
reader really understands every word of his commentary of summarising the
salient points , etc ..

Recently in Madras University there was a seminar on Sri Manavala Mamunikal in
which university requested Sri PT Seshadri swamy to do the research in mAmunikal's
commentaries and references to "Isai" in them. Accordingly Sri P.T. Seshadri swami did the basic research and was presented  to all the audiences.

Everyone were amazed by the depth of information available in mAmunikal's commentary on
- Swarangal in Vedam , mainly Sama Vedam
- thalam
- Ragam
- Bharatha Natyam
- Instrumental Music (Veena, Flute, Mathalam etc)
- Tamil Isai (pun) etc

more imporatantly SriPTS swmay was correlating the current days seva kalam
say "Pallandu Pallandu" and what ragam we follow etc .

A note on Sri P. T. Seshadhri Swami:

Swami is sishya of MudaliyAndan Swami. He has undergone Kalakshepam with various Acharyas . Few among them are Srirangam Vidwan Narasimhachari swami,  Kumaravadi Ramanujachar Swami, Gomadam Sampath Kumarachar Swami, Thirupullani Sundararaja Swami in various granthams as Mumookshupudi, Thathvathrayam, SriVachana Booshanam, Acharya Hrudayam, PeriavAchan Pillai vyAkanams, Srivachana Booshna MeemAmsa Bhasyam, also attended variuos upanyasams of Velukkudi Vardhachari swami, Sadhabishegam swami.

Swami is equally well versed in Music also. He has done BA Music and
"Sangeeda Vidwan" course in Music college and more importantly he is the
disciple of Smt Radha Viswanathan (daughter of Smt. MS Subhalakshmi), he has particpated
various concerts with Smt. MS Subhalakshmi and multiple Music vidwans.

Currently Swamy is the music teacher at Oriental School, West Mambalam , also swamy is doing kalakshebam in various grandhams
Mumookshupudi, Sri VacanaBhooshanam,  Acharya Hrudayam etc

Swami also writes continuously in Pancha Sanyam , ThirumAl magazines etc.
Swami has great deep understanding of our poorvacharya Granthams

Azhwar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam

irAmanusa adiyArgal

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com