You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00120 Oct 2005

Dear Swamin,
                      I totally agree. Each Sampradayam is superior to its follower, which is natural. But, having placed ISKCON in a high pedestal in my mind for Bhakti and sincerity, and ofcourse the respect they give to other AchAryAs (they celebrate Ramanuja's appearance day at Sriperumbudur every year, without fail) this is a jolt for a person like me, that is all. Again, my attempt is not to vilify ISKCON or the Gaudiya movement. Also what ISKCON sees and does internally, is well beyond my realm of concern; but when they seem to have derived so much spiritural and scriptural inspiration from our Sampradayam, and yet they would portray our beloved AchAryA in such light, it is only fair to call that ironic. I just wanted all the SrivaishnavAs to be cognizant of it, that is all.

                       Bottomline: while appreciating the greatnesses of other sampradayam, one should also be careful about what information to process. Just to let you know, this is not the first thing that is spoken ill of our sampradayam.

                       I am sorry, I cannot go without questioning things in the name of humility.

-dasan.

Vijaya Raghavan <svrvan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Swamin,

That is what the crux is. Let us not devote time in finding out wrongs or unnecessary clarifications on the mundane things. Let is extol his leela and live a life of saranagathi.

Whether it is GITA or RAMAYANA bagwan says saranagathi is the way. Let us follow him
and enjoy all the seers who have extolled him and try and get that aananda in us.

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com