You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00163 Oct 2005

  PIRATTI:

The Lord Almighty is not only swathanthran but also the one who maintains the Sasthric rules. He cannot therefore overlook any such determined factors and grant salvation or relief to anybody.This is a great constraint He has got in contrast to AchAryan and PirATTi.

Notwithstanding this fact, He is full of auspicious qualities which include motherly love ?vAtsalyam, Saulabyam-Easy accessibility; sAuselyam ? Affable nature and so on.

When the Supreme nature is predominant these qualities take a subtle role.

PirATTi advoacetes for our cause. She argues ? Oh! Lord, who do not make mistakes. If one always harp on these rules, then what will happen to these auspicious qualities?

She thus precipitates these qualities and makes the swAthanthryam to a subtle state. These qualities shower mercy on the souls and elevate them, despite their accumulated sins.

This is clearly stated in MumUkshuppadi ? purushakAra balathAlEa swAthanthriyam thalai sAindhAl  thalai edukkum guNangaLaich sollugiRAdhu nArAyaNa sabthArtham? 136.

That pirATTi argued for the sake of rAkshashi-s who tortured Her is the outstanding example of Her efficacious advocacy.

Therefore, one should consider PirATTi as our well wisher who argues for our sake with the Almighty, one who suppresses the swAthantrhiyam of the Lord and brings up His auspicious qualities.

Thus She is our mother looking always for our welfare. One should realize that it is with Her that we are to perform Kainkaryam unto EmperumAn.

?akala-killEAn iRaiyum enRu alar-mEal mangai vuRai mArbA-

nigaril pugazhAi, vulagam mUnRudaiyAi, ennai AlvAnEa..? ThiruvAiMozhi 6-10-10;

?vEAri mARADha pU meal iruppAL vinai thErkkumEa? 4-5-11 of ThiruvAi Mozhi.

dAsan

vanamamalai padmanabhan

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

U s bank home mortgage U s patent search Corporate culture
Business culture of china Illinois

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia