You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00011 Oct 2006

Sri Parthasarathi thunai

Srimathe ramanujaya Namaha

Srimad Vara Vara munayE Namaha

Sri vAnAchala mahA munayE Namaha

Paasuram-94

"meitheLindhAr enseyyAr vErAnAr neerAga

  kaitheLindhu kAttik kaLappaduththu-paitheLindha

  pAmbinaNaiyA arulA adiyErkku

  vEmpum kaRiyAgu mendRu"

'Even if you don't leave me, what if I ignored you due to your sins?' asked emperuman.

Thirumazhisaipiran says, "Oh lord! You are talking forgetting your svaroopa.   You are sharanAgatha rakshagan.  Inspite of all my flaws (dhooshas) you have protected me for so long and will do the same forever.   For the sake of good health don't we even accept to eat neem leaves happily?  Similarly you have to digest me too.

(meitheLindhAr enseyyAr) Those who have understood the real way to attain fame what will they not do? Oh lord! Is it great for you to protect a sin filled jeeva like me or a suddha jeeva without any flaws? You are renowned to show mercy on those who have bags and bags of bad deeds in store and are struggling.   So you are left with no other choice than running to my rescue.  You are a person who considers faults to be the only qualification for protection. 'yethivA rAvana svayam' You have even ravana in your list to shower mercy.

How do you know that I am sharanagatha rakshagan? (one who protects those who fall to his feet)

(vErAnAr) The gauravas who weren't able to remain in harmony with the pandavas and cherished enemity;

(vErAnAr neerAga) they were washed to ashes;

(theLindhu kaikAtti) You didn't hestitate even a bit but concluded that all those enemies to sharanagathas have to be defeated (rather killed);

(kaLappaduththu) made them fall in the war;

(paitheLindha pAmbin aNaiyAi) one who, reclined in his bed of adisesha (divine serpant that is ever cool due to the constant contact with emperuman's divine body) and relaxed only after doing good to his devotees and killing their enemies;

(arulAi adiyErkku) You saved the pandavas who were helpless and filled with all divine qualities. Won't you protect me, both helpless and filled with all bad qualities?   Won't you be more celebrated if you save a hopeless person like me?

(vEnbum kaRiyAgum endRu) Due to its medicinal qualities, won't neem also become a dish to eat?

(meitheLindhAr enseyyAr) Looking into your divine quality, there is no surprise in what you have done and what you are going to do.

(To Be Continued)

Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen ramanuja dAsee

Sumithra Varadarajan

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Illinois home inspector Illinois home builder Illinois home
Illinois home for sale Chicago hotel illinois

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list