You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00087 Oct 2006

Dear Swami,
'mAyavan adi paravi pozhdu pogakiRkum  puNmai' clearly means that one
should not spend time at lord's feet for leisure. At the same time,
tt must definitely be noted that once we are at the feet of lord,
whether we do that intentionally or unintentionally being irrelevant,
bhagavAn krupai falls on us and we start attaining gnyanam of our
Atma-swaroopam. And our swaroopam is bhAgavatha kainkaryam. So, after
falling at his feet, benefitted with athma gnyanam, if one, instead
of performing bhAgavatha kainkaryam, spends his/her time enjoying at
lord's feet, it is definitely futile.

mAmunigal's kovil thiruvaimozhi for koNdapeNdir pathigam says(third
line being the wonder line):
koNdapeNdir thAm mudhalAk kURum utRAr * kanmatthAl
aNdinavarenRE avaRaivittu * - "thoNdarudan
sErkkum" thirumAlaich chErumenRAn * Arkkum idham
pArkkum pugazh mARan paNdu

And, as everyone knows in this forum, devarIr's writings, clarifies
and gives insight of, so many pUrvAchArya granthams, which
undoubtedly purifies many mundane minds as that of mine - clearly a
bhAgavatha kainkaryam! So, how could you consider yourself being
accused of any such thing:)?

apologies for mistakes,
adiyEn,
rAmAnuja dAsan.

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Padmanabhan" <aazhwar@...> wrote:

> Dear svAmi-s,
> Talking of leisure: well in the 'koNDa peNdir'ThiruvAimzohi 9-1;
> 'mAyavan adi paravi pozhdu pogakiRkum  puNmai'
>
> Here the Vyakyanam states that, those who fall at the feet of the
Lord have a blemish. Can there be a blemish in falling at the feet of
the EmperumAn?

> Well, persons who just spend time and fall at the feet of the Lord
as a pastime are  faulted here.

> There is an opinion that instead of being detracted in other
distractions, a person spends time at the feet of the Lord,it is
apprecaible. However, if the prupose itself is to spend time? Then
the whole exercise is futile.

> This is the blemish highlighted by mARAn in this pAsuram being the
eighth pAsuram of the first thiruvAimozhi of the ninth ten

> perhpas adiyean is also being accused of this while writing of
Emperuman in this groups?

> dasan
> vanamamalai padmanabhan

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional