You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00151 Oct 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

KaNNan blessed us with GiTA saasthrA only for the sake
of everyone. When such is the case why did Ramanuja
alone interpret in the right manner and crystal
clearer manner? Amudhanaar replies in different
manner: when the Lord grants us all the sense organs,
buddhi and manas for everyone to get saved. Though
this is the case, why did I not realize this earlier
and I was saved only after Ramanuja came on his own
accord to save me! I had never ever realized the means
before.

chinthaiyi NnOtu karaNangaL yaavum chithainthu,munnaaL
anthamuR Raaznthathu kaNtu,ivai enRanak kanRaruLaal
thantha aranganum than_charaN thanthilan
thaanathuthanthu
enthai iraamaa Nnuchanvan^ thetuththanan inRennaiyE.
69

SarvEshwaran Sriya:Pathi Sriman Naryanan, out of His
own grace and upakaaram, blesses us (the dormat ones)
before the creation, with the requisites (karaNa~ngaL)
to become the living souls. But He did not grant us
the "saraNa~ngaL" the Lotus feet. But My Father- Sri
Ramanujacharya, Emperumaanaar- in order to save me
from this samsaara saagaram- the Great PraLayam-
blessed me today and showed me with the Lotus feet of
his (Sri Ramanuja's) as the means. What an upakaaram!

mun naaL ? during the praLayam [dissolution]
chinthaiyOdu karaNangaL yaavum- the senses, mind and
buddhi
sidhanidhu ? destroyed;
andham uRRu aazndhadhu kaNdu- jeevathmas were lying
dormant
avai anRu- [those senses, mind and buddhi that day]
en thanakku- have been granted to me by
thandha arangan- Sri Rangan Himself and He too
than saraN thandhilan- did not grant His Lotus Feet as
the means to me.
Enthai- My father Sri Ramanuja alone
Adhu thandhu ? on his own accord came to me to show
them and grant those feet
inRu vandhu ennai yedutthanan- in this birth saved me
then and there.

Though the limbs, senses, mind and buddhi were granted
to me, they were the hurdles and unless these hurdles
are removed, the purpose for which these were given to
us, will not be served. But if one removes these
hurdles and saves, it is certainly a grand thing. Thus
though GiTA was blessed by KaNNan, it was wrongly
interpreted and the fruits could not be obtained for
which the GiTA was born. After Sri Ramanuja?s clear
GitA bhAshyam, everyone is now able to comprehend the
gitA?s inner meanings. That is the greatness of Our
Sri Ramanuja.

The summary and essence of GitA: [from GitArtha
sangraham]

Karumamum jnAnamun koNdu yezhun kaadhaluku Orilakku
enRu
aRumaRai uchchiyuL aadharitthu Odhum Brahmam
thirumagaLOdu varunm thirumaal enRu thaanuraiththaan
dharumam ugandha dhananjayanukku avan saarathiyE.

The Lord, who acted as the Charioteer for Arjuna,
Himself taught him [Arjuna] who was desirous of
Knowing the righteousness: That only Thirumaal [Sriman
Narayanan] manifesting with ThirumaGl [Sri
Mahalakshmi], the Supreme Soul, difficult of
attainment, praised and explained by Vedantha
difficult to be understood,

Is the only target [of attainment] through bhakti
yogam [path based on bhakti ceaselessly and
uninterruptedly]  which is practised with [preceded by
adherence to KarmaYogam ] path based on performance of
prescribed deeds] and jnAna yogam [path based on
wisdom and enjoyment of the Soul].

To read further click the most wonderful picturesque
e-book of Sri Sadagopan Swami
http://www.sundarasimham.org/ebooks/ebook30.htm

What a brilliance and genius of Swami Desikan!

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

http://mail.yahoo.com

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional