You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00158 Oct 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

Like the Lord it is good that Ramanuja has not delayed
in blessing me; He has blessed me with his infinite
mercy then and there when he saw me. ? Amudhanaar
says.

ennaiyum paarththen iyalvaiyum paarththu,eNNil
palkuNaththa
unnaiyum paarkkil aruLcheyva thEn^alam anRiyenpaal
pinnaiyum paarkkil nalamuLa thE?un perungaruNai
thannaiyen paarppar iraamaa Nnucha!unnaich
chaarnthavarE? 70

Oh EmperumaanaarE! Sri RamanujA! For time immemorial,
I, the lowly self, had been immersing myself in
sensual pleasures and carnal desires; After you have
accepted me, I, who was intertwined with all my karma
vaasanaas, bondage, was blessed with Your graceful
kataaksham. You saw me and You saw my lowly nature
too. You have still gracefully considered me as a
worthy object for redemption. Is there anything I
repeat- any thing good in me for you to take that as a
cue for Your mercy? And still You have showered your
dayA on me? What a dayA!

Is there any benefit for you in Your mercy on me?
(None) and still You have blessed m with Your grace.
What a grace! If you look only for some thing good for
one to surrender at Your Feet, who is qualified to do
so? None. (Not at least me). And still you have
enabled me to surrender to You. How and what can one
see Your such limitless, unbounded grace? (

Iraamaanusaa! emperumAnArE!
ennaiyum paarrtthu- seeing this mahaa paapi
en iyalvaiyum paartthu- and knowing that ?hereafter
this guy will never change himself; he does not have
capacity for any jnAna, vairAgyam?
eNN il- innumerous
palguNatthu unnaiyum paarkkil- seeing shakthi jnAna,
sowseelya sowlabhya vaathsalya guNAs of yourself
[EmperumAnAr?s]
aruL seyvadhE nalam- it is the best thing to bless me
immediately right now;
anRi enpaal- further, in me
pinnaiyum paarkkil- let us delay a little further [if
you decide] and keep quiet for some time;
nalam uLadhE- though your jnAnam, shakthi and other
guNAs would not at all diminish or reduce; They would
be just the same- GRAND.
Unnai saarndhaar un peru karuNai thannai en paarppar ?
what would those disciples who have taken refuge at
your feet- think about this object that belongs to you
always! ? Please consider this aspect and save me.

There are innumerous follies and karma vaasanaas in me
which can be removed only with the tremendous jnAna,
shakthi of yours. Even if there are more than what I
have, I am sure your strength and dayA can rid of all
of them. You can do that ever after further course of
time. But please do not delay any further. This is my
humble request. Save me on this day itself. If you
delay any further, what would other sishyas who are at
your feet think of yourself and your capacity to save?
If you delay and wait for me to get some goodness in
me, there is no way, Swami. My father! You would also
not have the satisfaction of saving a completely
erring soul from zero.

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

http://mail.yahoo.com

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional