You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Sep 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00037 Sep 2006

Sep 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Shrimathe Ramanujaya Namaha:

Dear Krishna Devotee!

Adiyen with the blessings from both
Sri Andal and Srimath Ramanujar, try to give
some information to the questionnaire.

The event which proved Srimath Ramanujar is
avatara of Adishesha are:
1) Before the birth event of Srimath Ramanujar occur
Sri Nammalwar who is in the "Acharya Paramparai"
immediately after Sri VishvaksEnar, ordered his
sishyA Madurakavi Alwar to boil Tamirabarani river
water. When he boiled the water, he got a vigraham
which is different from Nammalwar's image.
Madurakavigal now enquired his acharya about the
emergence of vigraham which is different in looks
and structure from Nammalwar. Nammalwar informed
Madurakavigal about the birth of new JagathAchAryar
to this world who is going to change the entire world
by his preachings and establishment of VisishtAdvaitam
which is related to Veda sampandham (as told by Sri
PErarulAlan to Srimath Ramanajuar through thirukkachi
nambigal "Darisanam bEtha Evacha").Nammalwar explains
this in "Pozhiga pozhiga pOittru valluir saapam...."
thiruvaimozhi pasuram about the incidence that will
happens after the birth of Srimad Ramanujar.

Nammalwar instructs Madurakavigal that the vigraham
is none other than "BavishyadAchAryar" who is Adisesha
avataram.

There is one slokam which explains that during
a)Krutha yukam - he is Adiseshan
b)ThrEtha yukam - Lakshmanan avataram
c)Dwapara yukam - Balaraman avataram
d)Kali yukam - Bavishyadi avataram

During Ramanujar period, when sishyAs were reciting
this slOkam, they got doubt about who is that "bavish
yadi" which is mentioned in that slokam. Srimad
Ramanujar called upon some close sishyAs and told that
"HE is none other than the bavishyadAchAryar which is
explained in that slokam"

>From this its clear that Ramanujar is avatara of
AdisEshan himself.
Apart from this, the vaibhavam of Alavandar, Thiruk
kottiyur nambigal, thiru-k-kachchi nambigal clearly
explains that Srimad Ramanujar is avataram of
AdisEshan.

2) Now the event where Srimad Ramanujar proved that
he is avatara of Adiseshan and showed his divine
personalities:
ThondanUr is best example, where,when Srimad Ramanujar
is moving towards ThiruNarayanpuram due to some
problems at SriRangam, a group of 1000 Jains
approached
Srimad Ramanujar for defeating in his philosophy of
VishitAdvaitam.
Srimad Ramanujar asked to put a curtain between them,
the group of peoples who came for debate and him. He
took his divine avatar as thousand headed Adiseshan
and answered all questions at the same time. After
this
event most of the peoples from that group surrenderd
his divine feet which is a well-known event for every
Sri vaishnavite.

3) Vaibhavam of Sri Andal itself clearly tells that
she is avataram of Boomi PiraAttiyAr. For this, no
need
to refer any sashtrAs. Vaibhavam is the authority
which
is accepted by our PoorvAchAryars.
Desikan's "Bhoo Sthuthi", which clearly explains that
Sri Andal is avataram of Bhoomi PirAttiyAr.

The birth of Sri Andal in Thulsi itself clearly
shows that she is the divine personality.

The title "Soodik koduththa naachiyAr" clearly shows
that she is divine personality. Emperuman will adorn
the flowers which is worn by Sri Andal only - A great
vaibhavam which is unique for HER only.

Swmain next question is
>From what i have
> learned from their life events, is that both were
> very humble and
> never claimed to be anything other than servants of
> the lord.

Not only Sri Andal and Srimad Ramanujar can never
claimed to be anything other than servants of the
lord.
All the chith and achitth are servants of the lord.
Only HE can tell that HE is sarvarakshakan during
HIS avataram as in Sri Ramayanam and Mahabaratam.

All others except HIM, has to say that they are
servants of HIM only. Nobody can claim anything
other than this!!! (Infact this is one of the gnanam
that a Vaishnavite has to receive from Acharyan during
ManthrOpadesam).

Adiyen hopes that, the above explanation is
appropriate
If there is any mistake, adiyen appologizes for that.

Adiyen
senthil

--- tesh_tel <tesh_tel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Srimathe Ramanujaya Namah
>
> Dear devotees,
> Jai Sri Krishna.
>
> I have one issue which i am keen to have some
> knowledge about.  In
> Our dharma Sri Bhagavan and his associates
> periodicaly take form in
> the material world for the uplift of Jivas.  One
> unfortunate feature
> of this beleif is that many wicked jivas take
> advantage of this
> belief and claim themselves as God, some examples
> include King
> Paundaraka in the Dwarapara Yuga (who claimed to be
> the real
> krishna) and Puttarpathi saibaba in this yuga.
>
> Our shastras fortunalty provide validification of
> The avatars so
> that we cannot be fooled. As we know by reading the
> shastras we have
> no doubt that Sri Rama and Sri Krishna are the
> Supreme lord himself.
> Now Sri Vaishnava sampradaya is 100% bonafide
> according to
> shrastras, i just wanted to know which shastras and
> authority
> provide us with the information that Sri Andal and
> Sri Ramanuja are
> Bhudevi avatara and Sesha avatara respectively.
> From what i have
> learned from their life events, is that both were
> very humble and
> never claimed to be anything other than servants of
> the lord.  I
> cannot recall a time when Sri Andal or Guru Ramanuja
> displayed their
> divine personalities. So how do we know of there
> true identities???

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links