You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Sep 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00077 Sep 2006

Sep 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Swamin!

Really the article is simply superb. Adiyen expects
more articles on this kind so that people like
adiyEn who have lesser jn~anam could learn the
meaning very easily and enrich the knowledge
in our samprdhAyam.

adiyen
senthil.b

--- tavaradhan <tavaradhan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA
> SRIMATHE BALADHANVI MAHAGURUVE NAMAHA
> SRIMAD VARAVARAMUNUYE NAMAHA
>
> Periyavachanpillai -14/09/2006
>
>               Srimad Krishna Samahvaya Namo Yamuna Sunave
>               Yat Katakshaika Lakshyanam Sulabha Sridhara Sada
>
> [Salutation to Srimad Krishna(Periyavachan Pillai),
> the son of Sri
> Yamuna.  Sridhara will be easily accessible to those
> who become the
> target of the glances of Sri Periyavachan Pillai].
> This is the
> taniyan of Sri Periyavachan Pillai who occupies an
> unique and
> distinct position among Sri Vaishnava Acharyas.  His
> greatness is not
> only beyond description but also far beyond
> conception of any human
> being.  Let me, however, try to pay a glorious
> tribute on the
> occasion of his birthday(Tirunakshatram) which falls
> on 14-09-
> 2006,Thursday following several essays written by
> our illustrious
> ancestors of profound and renowned scholarship and
> purify both my
> heart and pen.
>
> Sri Periyavachan Pillai was born in the year
> Sarvajit(A.D. 1167)
> during the month of Aavani, the star being Rohini.
> His father's name
> was Sri Yamuna and his mother was called Srimathi
> Nachiyar, at
> Shanganallur at Thanjavur District.
>
> The original name given to him by his parents was
> Sri Krishna.  He
> learnt Vedas etc. as per the custom prevailing in
> those days and
> became a master of both Samskrit and Tamil language
> and literature.
> Later on he became the right hand of  Sri Nampillai,
> even as
> Lakshmana was the right hand of Sri Rama.
>
> About his birth there is a faith among the
> Srivaishanavas, which is
> very interesting to note.  Tirumangai Azhwar during
> his pilgrimage to
> different Divya Desams visited Tirukannamangai.
> There he sang
> mellifluous songs, eulogizing Sri Krishna, the
> preciding deity of
> that Divya Desam.  Sri Krishna developed a very
> great fancy for those
> songs, lured by their melody and expressed his
> strong desire to learn
> those songs.  Tirumangai Azhwar remarked,
>
> "Meimmai Sollin Venshangam Onru Endiya Kanna!
>   Ninthannakum Kurippagil Karkalaam Kaviyin
> Porulthane"
>
>   (Periya Tirumozhi 7-10-10)
>
> (To be frank with you Oh Krishna! Wielding white
> conch if you so
> desire in your Archavathara State you can only learn
> the meaning of
> my poem).  Thereby obviously Kaliyan meant that the
> Lord should be
> born again in this mortal world to learn his poem.
> The Lord
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional