You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Sep 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00121 Sep 2006

Sep 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Vaishnavas,

With great respect to this erudite group I would like
to bring about some more points.

I fully agree that there is a Non-veg Hotel with in
the saptha pragaram. There is one "Muniyandi Vilas"
Non-veg hotel in Sathara street as soon you enter the
Rajagopuram. Its been there for quite some time. This
is the street where the community called "Saathaanis"
are also living for ages and the only community who
can adorn our Namperumal with garlands. I have also
seen other communities from this street who carry the
Long Silver Stick during the perumal Purappaadu (Not
sure of the name for it). In fact, once a year
Namperumal visits this street on a particular occasion
also.

I have also personally seen some of the so called Sri
Vaishnavas doing kainkaryam inside the temple in a
drunken state with the alcohol stench emanating from
their mouth. You can more visibly see this with all
our vaishnavite youngsters bearing Namperumal during
the Veedhi Utsavams or during the car festival.

So, instead of looking at this Non-veg hotel, which is
in the 7th prakaram (of course, I am fuly with the
group for the elimmination of this non-veg hotel too),
I sincerely request this group to take up this issue
with the concerned temple adminstrative officers and
the like minded people and bring the sanity to the
temple.

Regards

Renganathan

--- nanda kumar <raj00_kan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jaysriman Narayana,my humble pranams to all sri
> vaishnavas.
>   there is no difrence if the non veg hotel inside
> the goburam or pragaram it`s still sin is there.as
> a srivaishnava we feel very  un happy. pls note sri
> mathi aishwarya krishnamohan`s msg.
>    adiye dasan.
>    srinivas Rajagopalan
> <s_rajagopalan2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>             Alas ., Who said there exists a hotel
> that too a non veg joint @ the temple prakaram? Not
> to my knowledge. I live in Srirangam & I visit the
> temple practically everyday. I do not think that
> such athing can ever happen at srirangam. Yes, there
> are places in the precincts where eatables are
> served to the pilgrims & there is a place earmarked
> for the Annadanam serving food free to the poor &
> needy inside the temple.. These are all part of the
> scheme of thing s & practices in vogue for long time
> & do not spoil the sanctity of the temple in any
> manner w hatsoever.So ther e is nothing to worry
> about the great temple @srirangam & devotees throng
> the temple to have darshan of Periya perumal in
> large number. All the same the the expression of
> agony & anger  depicts the keenness shown for
> preserving the sanctity of the temple is nodoubt
> laudable.
>
>   namonamaha.
>
>   Adiyen Rajagopaladasan.
>

> raj00_kan <raj00_kan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       jay sriman
> narayana,
> my humble pranams to ramanujagroup members,what is
> happening
> in our boologavaikundam(srirangam)?previosly 20 sri
> vaisnavas from
> malaysia went to sri rangam,there they found a
> veg&nonveg hotel in
> temple pragaram.why and how this sinfull things can
> happen in this
> temple? what is happening in bharatha boomi?this
> temple is main root
> for our sri sampradaya.if this kind of thing going
> on in the temple
> what will happen in future?the`r always
> misunderstanding bitween our
> sampradaya,better stop that and please do something
> about this
> matter.this kind of things never happen in malaysia
> in any vaisnava
> temple.how come this can happen in sri rangam?to all
> vaisnavas and
> acaryas please take some action about this
> matter.this is humble
> request from malaysia sri vaisnavas.ADIYEN
> RAMANUJADASAN.
> ALWAR EMBERUMANAR JEEYAR TIRUVADIGALE
> SARANAM
>

> with very warm greetings and best wishes,.
>
> srajagopalan
>
> ---------------------------------
>   Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo!
> Answers India
> Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo!
> Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW
>

> ---------------------------------
>  All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email
> [...]

"A Man is but a product of His Thoughts,
                  What He wants to be".
                       -M.K.gandhi

http://mail.yahoo.com

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional