You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Sep 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00159 Sep 2006

Sep 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sriman Lakshmi Narasimhan Swamin,

Adiyen had the bhAgyam of going through Swamins
mail & the replies. Have no words to express
adiyen's heart feelings. The problem that you
mentioned was typically hard to digest for me.

Adiyen extends any sort of help from my-side
in whole hearted-way. Adiyen didnt had pancha-
samkAram so far. But would like to help our
matam AcharyAs. Is adiyen is eligible to help
our matam AcharyAs, since adiyEn didnt had
pancha-samskAram so far?

If so, can adiyEn know what are the ways that
one can help ? How to meet them? Will matam
AcharyAs allow adiyen to visit them?

Please help....
adiyen,
senthil.b

--- Ramanujam Varada Srinivasa Thatta
<acharyatvsr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Swamin,
> I entirely agree with you. Wherever I go I
> personally make it a point to pay homage to the
> Jeeyar swamy of the Sthalam. Kancheepuram is a very
> important Kshettram and something needs to be done
> to improve the situation.
> Adiyen,
> Dasan,
> Ramanujam

> > To: ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > From: vsmvishnu@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:09:52 -0700
> > Subject: [sri ramanuja] Re: Reg - H.H. Vadikesari
> Azhagiya Manavala Jeeyar of Kancheepuram
> >
> > Dear Sriman Lakshmi Narasimhan,
> > I agree with you.
> > Same was the plight of previous embar jeeyar of
> Sri Perumbudur. When I visted him in 1999, he was
> alone in the maTam and was having a big wound kind
> of thing on his back and his kAhsAyam was quite
> loose.
> > Unfortunately the Jeeyars at Kanchipuram and
> Melkote do not have any say in the temple affairs. I
> heard that the Jeeyar Matam at Tirupati is also not
> doing very well in terms of resources.
> > While it is true that all mahA bhAgatOttamas and
> AchAryas are to be respected in thennAchArya
> sampradAyam irrespective of varNa and ASrama,
> something needs to be done to strengthen the hands
> of our Jeeyars. At least paying a visit to them
> whenever we visit the holy places where they are
> stationed will bring in some change. Actually
> AchArya/bhAgavata sandharSanam is much more
> important than temple darSanam.
> > adiyen
> > Vishnu
> > ------------------------
> > OK. It has been a week since I have seen any reply
> on Sri H.H
> > Vadikesari Azhagiya Manavala Jeeyar Swamy / Matam
> of Kancheepuram. I
> > would like to share what I know about Swamy and
> the Matam.
> > Sri H.H. Vadikesari Azhagiya Manavala Jeeyar Swamy
> Matam is a
> > Thennacharya Sampradaya Matam that is located on
> the Eastern side of
> > the Varadaraja Perumal Temple. The "Kizhakku"
> gopuram which remains
> > always closed, was actually built by one of the
> great Swamies in the
> > Vadikesari Azhagiya Manavala Jeeyar Swamy
> parampara. I was blessed
> > to visit the matam and I admired the location and
> the capacity of
> > the matam. At the same time, the most unfortunate
> point is that most
> > of the walls and the ceilings are heavily damaged
> and the matam
> > seems to be unrecognized by most of the devotees.
> The present swamy
> > of the matam, is staying at the matam all alone
> and does not even
> > have a SriKaaryam - he cooks what he could and is
> managing
> > everything himself. Such is the plight of the
> matam which is just
> > behind the Temple gopuram.
> [...]
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.get.live.com/spaces/features

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional