From: "Sudarsan Parthasarathy.S." <sudarsanp@xxxx>
To: Sadagopan <sgopan@xxxx>
CC: srivaishnavan@xxxx
Subject: Re: [SriRangaSri] asmadhAchAryan Thirunakshathram
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 00:55:38 -0700 (PDT)

Sri RAmajayam
SrimathE GopAla DEsika MahA DEsikAya Namaha

Dear Sri.SatakOpan Swami (Maama),
Very happy to take
note of the proceedings of Asmad AchAryan TN at
Pomona, NY. AdiyEn had the parama bhAgyam to
participate in the TN celebrations at Srirangam....

Short summary:
Before TN, there was daily VEda pArayanam, and the day
before the actual TN, there were delectable UpanyAsam
on Thirvaimozhi with speakers drawn from the younger
bastion of Sri Vaishnavite scholars. On the actual
TN, Sri.V.N.GopAla Desikan Swamy and Sri.Srikaryam
Anantha Nrusimhachariar continued to present the
nectar from Thiruvaimozhi followed by AchArya Swamy
conferring titles (Virudhu)such as "Desika Darsana
ChoodAmani" to stalwarts to our siddhantham like to
Sri.ANC Swami, Sri.KarunAkaran Swami.....
What some of them had to say,

Sri.Srikaryam Swami - AchAryas are like birds who
fly on Bhagavad Anubhavam based on their wings of
JnAna and AnustAna quoting 6 patthu and Swami DEsika's
SthothrAs, to explain to us the importance of AchAryas
in our SampradAyam even as explained by our AzhvArs.
Finally Swami said we seek 3(Go-PA-lan) to get 8
(GunAs) and we seek 8 (Pa-ra-va-kot-tai An-da-van) to
get 3 (Mo-k-sha), and went on to explain the
appearance of AchArya as verily Abhinava DasAvathAram
going back to the Thiruvaimozhi Anubhavam.

Sri.KarunAkaran Swami - Spoke one a few lines, but
very profound. Sri. KarunAkaran Swami, with all
humility mentioned that even though he is extremly
pleased to receive this title from the great AchAryas
(Srimad Andavan and Sri Rangapriya Swami), he
mentioned he does not deserve it.....however he
mentioned that he will accept "Desika Darsana
Choodamani" since Paravakottai Andavan is verily the
real Choodamani among yathis.

Guru-Sishya Vathsalyam: AdiyEn made a vignyApanam for
procuring 4 copies of the 2nd volume of Sri
RAmapirAnai KarpOm for the benefit of US BhAgavathas
(Murali Swami, SatakOpan Swami, Mani Swami, Diwakar
Swami), when Swamin said take copies for Murali and
SatakOpan, and was extremely happy to take note that
AdiyEn was planning to do the same.

Overall the function went on extremely well, and on
both these days there was good food for thought and
consumption (ThadiyAradhanai).

AdiyEn Sri RAmAnuja DAsan,

Sudarsana Dasosmi

Home Page