You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00054 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

In this context one would also like to add/know : Frequent references are
made to 'dasa avataram' or the 10 incarnations, but this always excludes
Lord Hayagriva.

Can someone throw some light as to why Lord Hayagriva avataram is not
included among the 10 ?
Om Tat Sat

"Malolan
Cadambi" To: SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mcadambi@yahoo. cc:
com> Subject: [SriRangaSri] Re: need clarification.

04/16/03 10:21
AM

Sri
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

> Hello all,I have two doubts.1)Is Balarama an avatharam of
> Mahavishnu or is he a an amsam of Adishesan?

Please see:
http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/may2000/0123.html

>2) What about Hayagrivar? Isn't he an avatharam of Mahavishnu too?
>Why are we not including him in the Dasavatharam?

http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/mar99/0068.html

There are about 22 or more avataram-s of the Lord. The DasA avatArams
are the most prominent.

Regards,

Malolan Cadambi