You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00123 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Hindus in America will never leave anybody to abuse or degenerate Hindusim, Jai
Bharat Mata.... With Love & OM! Krishna Prasad American Eagle Apologizes for
Ganesha Flip-flops. They will withdraw the product
from the stores.
--------------------
In 2003 American Eagle Outfitters in USA introduced flip-flops (Sandals) with
images of Lord Ganesha as one of their summer products. This company operates
about 750 American Eagle stores in the USA and Canada. AE is also listed at
NASDAQ.

On 27 April, 2003 IndiaCause launched informal protest on our website (which was
NOT conveyed to our members). We communicated our disappointment with the
Management and expected their response before we launched a formal protest.

On 29 April, 2003 American Eagle Management responded positively to our protest
and faxed in their letter confirming "Please accept this letter as our formal
apology for our use of the image resembling the Lord Ganesh on this product". In
his letter, Neil Bulman, Jr. (Vice President and General Counsel, AE) assured
"we will remove these flip-flop shoes from our stores"....

We assume, hundreds of visitors would have sent in their protest emails to AE
Management using our site.

The flip-flop image and the apology is available at:
http://www.indiacause.com/C18_AE_Ganesha.htm

List of other successful campaigns by IndiaCause:
http://www.indiacause.com/IC_Success_Index.htm

All the credit for our successes goes to IC members and supporters.

Thank you for your support.
Team @ IndiaCause

Meet our Team: http://www.indiacause.com/IC_Team_Members.htm

Our Mission: http://www.indiacause.com/IC_Vision.htm

------ End of message -------

Join this India movement at:
http://www.indiacause.com/IC_JML.htm

Thank you.
Mahendra Joshi
http://www.IndiaCause.com
Representation of Indians in North America and across the world
(Only if the above link does not work, reply with subject Remove)

Vinjamuri Srimahavishnu <vsmvishnu@xxxx> wrote:> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003
12:07:58 +0530