You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00052 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE rAmAujaya nama:

`Anbil' translates to `the abode of love' in tamizh.

SrI.U.vE Anbil mama took a short break from his tiresome journey to
the US, just to meet Singapore Srivaishnvas and show the abundance
love he has on us.

The two hours we spent with him at SrI.Madhavakkanan svamin's house
was full of different anubhavams. One time the topic was very serious
and the other time it was humorous.

Although the topics discussed were vast, I'll try my best to bring a
few points here.

There were questions raised by a few SrIvaishNavAs, such as:
`Who is a bhagavatA?';
`Who is a better SrIvaishNavA: The one keeping all the anushtanams
but without proper gyAnam or the one who has good gyAnam but does not
keep any anushtanam?' and
`Why we have to learn anushtAnams while we can just
be ignorant ? ignorance being bliss?'.

SrI.Mama took his time to explain calmly and humorously and drove his
replies excellently.

The ex-postal auditor gave a nice lecture to an auditory of
Srivaishnavas on various topics, which were all interesting and
some were new to us. `Why all the brahmans stopped chanting
vEda mantras when they saw a passing-by tirumazhisai AzhvAr?' Mama's
anubhavam was: `It's because of the majestic tEjas of the AzhvAr who
is
verily the amsam of chakkarattAzhvAr and not because of reason which
we usually hear'.

The author of the recently released `Hinduism rediscovered' book was
full of tears whenever he mentioned about his AchAryan, SrImath
paravakkottai svami. Long time back, when he approached svami for
bharanyasam, svami asked him to undergo granta-kalakshepams for some
time and then come back to him.

So, mama had to run behind SrI.Villivalam svami (prakrutam SrImath
Azhagiya singar) who had been delivering many granta-kalakshepams at
various places in Chennai. Within a very short span of one year, Mama
could grasp a lot under this svAmi, by following SrI.Villivalam svAmi
as shadow wherever he went.

SrI.Mama repeatedly insisted on performing our AagyA karmas regularly
and to undergo bharanyasam as soon as possible, without postponing it
for some trivial issues.

We were surprised by the contents and quality of the book, 'Hinduism
rediscovered' when we rushed through the pages, while we were hearing
to svAmi. Although only a limited copies are coming to Singapore, it
is nice to see that each SrIvaishNavA had ordered more than 2 books.
Please refer to the earlier posts to know where you can place a
request to acquire your copy.

Although mama is nearing his 80th TN, his voice is still young and
coherent.

Although we wanted the discussions last for some more time, as mama
had to do his sAyam-sandhyA and get prepared for the night flight, we
had to stop as it clocked six.

Mukundan ramanuja dAsan

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/VkWolB/TM