You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00065 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,

The Sunday before last on the 18th April, we had the bhagyam of
having Sri Anbil Ramaswamy Swamin  honouring our Simhapuri
[Singapore] at aDiyEn's kutil. We had also Bhagawathas of Singapore
in my home in the evening for seeing, sEvicchufying and listening to
him..the one who is making ripple of VisishtAdvaita Srivaishnava
waves across the globe with his SriRangaSri group which glows with
more than 4000 members and is still growing.

Sri Anbil Mama (as affectionately called by us) is in his late
seventies (going to be eighty next year) and his enthusiasm, mental
strength in spite of his age and his zeal are unimaginable and are
to be seen to be believed. Swamy was asked by asmadhAchAryan - His
Holiness Srimad PaRavakkOttai Andavan Swami to attend kalakshepams
from Sri U Ve Villivalam KrishnamachAriar Swamin [Prakritham
Azhagiya Singar in his Poorvashramam] and Swamin had attended as
instructed from Srimath Azhagiya Singar [in poorvashramam] and also
from Sri U Ve Purisai Swami, Sri SrivatsankAchAriar Swami and few
others. Swami recalled attending and cherished the memories of those
days when he attended different kalakshepams with Srimath Azhagiya
Singar on the same day- due to which he could cover most of the
granthams in fifteen years, though he mentioned [with
naichiyAnusanthAnam] that he could gather no jnAnam fully and it is
dangerous to have half baked one.. . Swamy mentioned that Srimath
Azhagiya SIngar used to ask always every now and then if Sri Anbil
mama had undretsood as [Sri Anbil mama jocularly said] if he
understood, everyone else would have certianly got the point. ] But
his recently released book "Hinduism Rediscovered" speaks otherwise,
of course. The way he has evolved the book from the beginning and
reached a crescendo at the end is treat for us. It is my humble
request to each and every one of you that this book is a must for
all of us- be a beginner, a teen, an adult or a scholar.

For a teen, beginner, it answers all our questions and doubts that
we may have; but are afraid to ask. All of them get answered as the
book itself is like a study made on our religion (especially
Ramanuja darsanam) and explains firstly as to what the religion is
and the why of it. Swamin explained in our home, that the youngsters
and the present generations need to know only the why of it first
rather than what and how of it for the darsanam to be understood and
followed in right perspective. And our Ramanuja darsanam, as it is, is
crystal clear and unambiguous. The answers, if given in coherent
manner- would naturally be understood in correct manner- and mainly
by the young generations whose first language (probably the only
language) is English.

Also for some of us, who think we have learnt the sampradayam and
have performed Saranagathi at the feet of our most compassionate
Acharya and thus have become krutha krithyars (one who has done what
needs to be done)this book is a must- as it reinforces our
sEshathva jnAnam and it is a great enjoyment to read the glories of
our Sampradayam. It would also facilitate us in responding to the
queries from our children and grand children.

The chapters on what is God, Who is God, Where is God are all simply
wonderful- as Sri Anbil Mama approaches in a lateral manner. He
first takes up as to what the westerners say about our religion and
how much of extensive research they have done to declare the
greatness of our religion and then he attempts to mention how other
sampradayic preceptors like Adi Sankara and Madhavacharya have
affirmed the Supremacy of Vishnu alone as the Almighty and finally
takes up our Acharya purushas' works and sayings to bring home the
point.

The book is a marvel and is a feast. My son (aged 16) has started
reading the book already and he spends almost all his time reading
the book. He says that the book not only enriches him with
sampradayic jnAnam; it also improves his English vocabulary. True
indeed, Swamy's language is so grand and majestic and is a feast for
English lovers as well.

At my home, Sri Anbil mama answered various doubts raised by
Bhagawathas of Singapore in lucid style mixed with a sense of humour
also.
Swamy blessed us with his paripoorna Aseervadhams when we sent him
off at Changi Airport at night.

Thanks, Sri Anbil Mama, for your visit and honouring us and also for
the great book.
Hope to see many more such books from devareer.
Give us a chance next time for sponsoring.
AzhwAr EmperumAnAr Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana
dAsan

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511