You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00000 Apr 2006

Apr 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

1. In deSika sampradAyam, and I believe in the other samradAyam-s, the AcAryan
is none other than the Lord in the guise of the AcArya.  He is in fact at a
higher level than the Lord (you may refer to the upanyAsam of SrI kaNNan
svAmigal that is being published currently in the ra'nganAtha pAdukA, or its
English translation being published in the rAmAnuja Mission e-mail group that
is published by the ANDavan ASramam Sishya-s, for further elaboration).

  2. I had published a brief summary of the upanayanam ceremony (in other words
the brahmopadeSam ceremony) in the Sri Ra'nga Sri Digest in the last couple of
months.  You may find it beneficial.

  -Krishnamachari

SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have 3 doubts. If anybody can clarify my doubts I will be thankful to
them.

DOUBT 1.

I learnt that Maha kavi Subramaniya Bharathi and Swami Vivenakanda has objected
anybody falling in their feet.
I am asking this as a doubt and not to wound anybody. Why do we still follow
this tradition. I think that we have to take blessings by falling in the feet
of our parents, even if our parents are culprits, I think we have to continue
this for the reason that without whom we would have not been in this world.
Similarly we should fall to god, but why do we do this to acharyas (They are
gurus no doubt, but still they also are not exception from 3 gungas)

DOUBT 2.

I am basically an aiyangar. I also have poonal. I still doubt why we call it as
Brahmobathesam. Is it possible that anybody can teach what is Brahmam. Is it so
simple, then why people strain so much by going to forest and watch the tip of
their nose?

DOUBT 3.

I really forget what sloga they said while Brahmobadesam. Also I forget the
meaning of that. Can anybody tell me about that?

Adiyen
Thasan
Sarangarajan.R
(Excellence at work is Yoga).