You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00036 Apr 2006

Apr 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SRI:
Dear Sri Somya,

This query on why the Lord is adorned with ThirumaN was discussed few times in
the past..
Given below is the response from our Sri Sadagopan Swami on the same

Why Lord wears ThirumaN?
it can be said that Lord wears Thiruman not as His Lotus feet on
His forehead , but as an indication of the power of his weapons and His
presence in every one of the directions to protect His devotees. When the
Vaishnavas wear the Pundrams , they consider their body as being protected by
His weapons and as a temple for the Divine Couple. Thus , there  are two
separate  reasons for the ThirmaN wearing by the Lord and His devotees.

Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan madhavakkannan
*******************

Dear Mr.Sampath

Thanks for your excellent guidance on Bramobadesam.
I am ardent devotee of Lord and been living a simple
life. But often I am faced with lot of questions on
things. The very basic thing I want to question is
what is the meaning of Tiruman and Srichoornam.

The Symbol ( Tiruman and Srichoornam ) have been
explained as Lotus feet of Lord and there are various
forms Pannandu thiruman , etc., panniru namam pala
pala uruvai enuru mengum eidhu ne netri menodu aamai
keazhal kolariyay , vanar kuralai , mazhupadai
muniyayai, pinnurmiramar iruvarai paril thnniyya
parandheer thuvarai manananumai kalithavirthu arulum
kalkiyai matrum ( navamani Malai -Desigar Prabandam
wherein dasavatharam is explained).

Now my question is IF WE ARE ADORING OUR FOREHEAD WITH
THE SYMBOL OF LOTUS FEET OF LORD THEN WHAT IS THE
SYMBOL THAT ADORES THE FOREHEAD OF OUR LORD ?

Thanks and regards
 Sowmy

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM