You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00099 Apr 2006

Apr 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

Let us continue to enjoy AzhwArs wonderful verses on
Thiruvenkatamudiayaan.

BhakthAmrutham viswa janAnumodhanam
sarvArthatham Sri Satakopa Vaangmayam
sahasra SaakOpanishadh samAgamam
namAmyaham Draavida Vedha Saagaram

Meaning ): adiyEn salutes the ocean of Tamizh Vedam ,
which is of the form of Sri SaThakOpan's vaak speech /
aruLiccheyalkaL). These are linked to the thousand
Upanishads and includes in them all the deep meanings
(Taathparyams)of Tatthva-Hitha-PurushArthams and artha
Panchakam. They are nectar to the minds of the
devotees of Sriman NaarAyaNan and they enjoy it with
relish as aparyAthAmrutham [insatiable amirtham].

Today?s ThiruvEnkatam verse is: NammAzhwAr?s
Thiruvaaymozhi 4.5.11

maari maaRaatha thaNNammalai
  vEngadath thaNNalai,
vaari vaaRaatha paimpoom
  pozhilsoozh kurugoornNagar,
kaari maaRan sadagOpan
  sollaayirath thippaththaal,
vEri maaRaatha poomE
  liruppaaL vinaitheerkkumE.                    4.5.11

AzhwAr narrated beautifully in the last decad of the
suffering pangs of separation through "her" mother. In
this decad of 4.5, AzhwAr has immersed himself in
Emperumaan's leelA vibhUti and Nithya vibhUti and
enjoys to the greatest extent. He describes
marvelously as to how he has gained so much strength
with His grace of showing Himself to him. I have
absolutely NO GRIEVANCE- AzhwAr declares? and he feels
proud of himself for him being recipient of His grace
in singing these praises on Him due to His krupai?

Meaning of todays's verse: In the cool mountains of
ThiruvENkadam, it always rains and helps the world.
ThiruvEnkadamudaiyaan, Sri NivAsa PerumAL, stands
gracefully (raining His dayA on the world and helps
us) at TirumalA. About Him, AzhwAr has sung 1000
pAsurams; AzhwAr, Sri ShathakOpan, born in
Thirukkurugoor. Out of those 1000, these ten verses
(pAsurams) will SURELY and CERTAINLY bless its
reciters THE MERCIFUL katAksham of Sri MahAlakshmi.
Their karmic diseases will AUTOMATICALLY get cured.

The AzhwAr does mangalaasaasanam to the Lord having
observed with all His paraphernalia in VaikuNtam. He
exclaims excitedly: I have no further wish to be
fulfilled. Having see Him with Sri Mahaalakshmi [vEri
maaRaatha poomaeliruppaaL], reclining on AdisEshan and
others serving Him, all my woes were eliminated in
this janma itself and I am most fortunate to have sung
these verses in praise of Him.

I must say I am extremely lucky to sing praise of Him
whose leelA includes swallowing the worlds; recreating
them; measuring the worlds and skies; portcting the
Asrithars [devotees]; Uniting Himself with devotees;
bringing to the true light the Lord?s swaroopa, roopa,
Gunas, vibhUthis [aishwaryam] is indeed the most
exquisite pleasurable experience and these songs sung
by Kuruhoor SatakOpan on the Lord of ThiruvEnkatam,
will bring utmost Anandham [Bliss] to those recite and
hear and His PiraaTTi, the unparalleled One Sri
Mahalakshmi Herself will ward off all their sins and
sorrows immediately. Thus She is on par with Him in
every manner? in all respects. Together They for
Dhivya Dampathi?

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE saraNam
Regards
Namo narayana