You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00127 Apr 2006

Apr 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Namaskaram!

  I receive a lot of mails everyday asking me for clarifications and most of
them are quite common..hence i thought it will be a good idea to share it with
everybody. I have tried to cover most of the points below.

  1.Total cost of the trip which was completely by air, will cost Rs.32000- to
Rs.33,000/-

  2.Our Stay at kathmandu was at Hotel Maharaja, near pashupatinath temple. I
am providing the telephone numbers as below :

  00977-4486715 , 4478739 Fax: 4486344 you can Reach one Mr.Sanjay at 981024965.
  You can also contact them by mail : nepal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  This place is run by Indians and you can communicate in Hindi. These people
will make all the necessary arrangements for your trip if you are not going on
an organised trip. There is no place to stay in Muktinath. you will have to
travel to pokhrah from kathmandu.and the rest i have described in my write up.

  3.To get original  Saligramam, it will have to be got from Kantaki river, if
you do not want to purchase it. But then again, from pokhrah, you will have to
take a flight to another place, from there you will have to travel by mule to
kantaki river,and get saligramam.Or it can be purchased from a shot in the
Hotel at Kathmandu. They claim to sell original saligramam.

  4. We went in an organised tour, and hence food was not a major problem. But
it is very hard to find restraunts thre because of the tension there shops are
are closed.you get vegetarian food in the same hotel in kathmandu and other
places you can manage with Roti and some vegetable.You can carry pickles,
pulikaachal and some paruppu podi with you..white rice is available everywhere.
so u can mix it and have. Rice is the only thing, you can be assured that it
will not be mixed with non-veg!!

  5. Travel guide link i have provided in my previous post.

  And yes, i have posted more pictures , yopu can have a look and tell me how
you liked them.

  Lastly, i laugh when i am addressed as Mrs.Vasumathi or Smt.Vasumathi or
Madam!!
  I am a youngster , just 22yrs of age!! I will be delighted if you can adress
me by my name and bless me so that i can visit Badri and Naimisharanyam and all
other divyakshetrams situated in the north.It is my great desire to visit there.

  Well, thats all for this post, its been a long one, i hope i have not bored
you!

  Take care,

  Best Regards,
  Vasumathi.