You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00004 Aug 2002

Respectable Bhagathas,
>From the life history of Sri
Ramanuja we learn that he retrieved the the Uthsavar
or vighraha of Melkote temple from a Muslim king at
Delhi.
Can any of the members intimate the name of the Muslim
king or muslim dynasty who ruled at Delhi at that
time.Sri Ramanuja lived from1017 A.D to 1137 A.D. So
far as my knowledge goes the Muslim dynasty started
at Delhi only from 1206 A.D. Any information on the
point would be helpful in corroborating and
substantiating what we know already.
Adiyen,T.S. Rajagopalan.