You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00060 Aug 2003

Dear Bhagavatas:
Several of you have raised this question on the different
dates for the observance of "Sri Jayanthi".
Layfolks like me are not competent to advise.
Sishyas of different Ashramams and Matams may observe
as per the niyamanams of their respective Acharyas.
(IMHO,there is no need to recalculate for places other than India)

Please await the next issue (SRS Vol.04/31)of
"Sri Ranga Sri" under issue, excerpts of which on
"Important days in AaVaNi" are reproduced below:

Vaikhanasa, Sri Jayanthi (All)  02      08/19   Tues
MunitrayaSr Jayanthi (PM, PA, PP)       03      08/20   Wed
Pancharatra Sri Jayanthi (AM)   04      08/21   Thurs
Abbreviations:
Names of Ashramam/Matam etc (Authority from Official Journals)
AM: Ahobila Matam, (Sri Nrisimhapriya)
PA: Periya Ashramam (Sri Ranganatha Paaduka)
PM: Parakaala Matam (Sri Hayagriva Priya)
PP:Poundarikapuram Ashramam (Sri Kaanchi PeraruLaalan)

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
Hari Bol
So in Canada when do we celebrate 20 or 21 Aug
I saw the Toronto calendar /almanac and it is put 22 Aug Toronto Rohini
Nakshatram
Please advise
Sukanya Shankar