You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00033 Aug 2004

> Dear Madam,
>
> Thank you for the efforts you took to quote the holy
scriptures to establish that my beloved mother is a
"barren woman".

> Going by what you have said, I suppose Kausalya the
> mother of Rama too is a "barren woman". Totamba, the
> mother of Swami Vedanta Desikan too qualifies as a
> "barren woman".
>
> Although I would never ever belong in the exalted
> company of Sri Rama or Sri Desikan, I can at least
> say my own late, beloved "thAyyAr" -- a noble
> SriVaishnavite lady who underwent "bharannyAsam"
> under the present "azhagiya-singar" and who is hence
now a "vaikunta-vAsi" for sure -- she must be in
august
> company there amongst other eminently "barren women"
> such as TotAmba.
>
> I'm very grateful too, dear lady, for your other
pearls of enlightenment about "barren crows" and
"barren banana-trees".

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM