You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00059 Aug 2004

swamin,

My learned father and grandfather also were of the
same view and requested that Vedas are not for the
females. But this was not because of Gender bias.

The explanation my Grandfather told me (incidentally
he was alsovery close to Thirukudathai swami from his
poorvashrama days) was that due to the swara and the
deergha and haswa tones it is not suitable for family
females as most of the sounds are from the bottom
of the stomach.

But ladies can recite the slokas of Desikan and the
nalayiram and others.

dasan/raghavan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM