You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00087 Aug 2004

Respected BhAgavatAs,

Regarding the question whether Swami Desikan
himself composed the phala sruti, I referred
to a series of articles on this by revered Sri
Anbil Ramaswamy in the Bhakti-list a couple of
years back under the titles "Swami Desikan's
NaichyAnu-
sandhAnam and sAtvika ahankAram". In these posts
it clearly mentions that Desikan himself composed
these phala srutis out of sAtvika AhankAram.
Sri Anbil Ramaswamy also mentions that ONLY
SWAMI DESIKAN (and similar acharyas)is qualified to
have such a feeling.!!!

Regarding the other point whether these were
composed later on, I request the learned members
to enlighten.

Swami Desikan Tiruvadigale saranam
daasan,
Srikanth