You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00109 Aug 2004

The Maha Tattvas in the Lord's idol are
the Shakthi representing the Supreme Soul.
The procedure of getting the Tattvas into
a Kumbham is called Akarshanam. The kumbham
is as sacred as the Lord. The Kumbham will
be installed in a different place so that
the Nityaaradhanam for the Lord goes on.
This place is called the Baalaalayam.
Because of Tamizh, it might have become Paalaalayam.
The Moolavar idol is covered with Dharbham.

Some Sections of Pancharathra Agamas, follow
a procdure of offering Naivedhyam to the
Moolavar even after the Akarshanam is done.
As they say, there is always Shakthi left in
the Moolavar idol.

Also Pancharathra Aagams, say that the Moolavar
of a temple should not be removed.

After the renovation, the Tattvas are restored into
the Moolavar during MahaSamprokshanam.

Adiyen,
Thuphal Vijayaraghavan.