You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00002 Aug 2005

Dear Bhagavatas:
Your kind attention is invited to my earlier posting (reproduced for your
information) on Tiru Anbil Divyadesam and the utilization of (excess of
Receipts over expenses in) the Sale proceeds of my books ?Hinduism
Rediscovered? and ?Myths, Miracles and Mysticism in Hinduism? for the
Kainkaryams in this and other Divya Desams consecrated by Azhwars but are
today languishing for funds even for Vastram, Deepam and Naivedhyam.

I propose to leave for USA on 27th August 2005.

As very little number of copies is available, I wish to offer a ?Stock
Clearance Discount? FOR BUYERS IN INDIA who remit the discounted price so as
to reach the undersigned on or before 20th August 2005
as follows:

?Hinduism Rediscovered? book
Original price Rs 480/= + Postage
Stock Clearance 20% Discounted Price
Rs. 435/= including Postage

?Myths, Miracles and Mysticism in Hinduism? book
Original Price Rs. 75/= + Postage
Special 20% Discounted Price
Rs. 60/= only including Postage.

Check / Demand draft encashable at Chennai for the number of copies required
may be drawn in favor of ?Ramaswamy Anbil? and sent to-
?Ramaswamy Anbil
25/22 2nd East Park Street
Prithvipakkam, Ambattur
Chennai 600 053
Phone: 2657 3246

You are requested to send an email with details of remittance to help us
link up your order and expedite dispatch of books before my leaving India.

Sales details ex- India will be communicated separately after my arrival in
USA

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
COPY OF MY EARLIER MAIL ON THE SUBJECT
Vide SRI RANGA SRI VOL.06 / ISSUE # 24 dated 07/13/05
Dear Bhagavatas:
The mercury was touching around 40 Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) when I landed at
Chennai in the third week of May 2005, though officially (as per
Panchaangam) Aginakshatram was coming to a close. In fact, it was only after
this; the heat wave became progressively unbearable, venturing out in the
hot Sun rendered almost impossible.

In spite of the sweltering heat, life had become suddenly hectic with works
connected with -
-       The printing and proof reading etc. of my book ?Myths, Miracles and
Mysticism in Hinduism ? What do they signify?? being Volume 1 under the
series ?Explaining the Unexplained?
-       Organizing its release through the divine hands of Srirangam Srimad
Andavan during his Sapatadhi celebrations on 8th June 2005 at Srirangam.
-       Visit to Anbil for inspecting Dwajasthambam there that had become
completely worn out and is in dire need of copper plating.
-       Arranging for the revival of BrahmOtsavam that had been discontinued
for
over 2 decades involving as it does the making of new Vaahanams etc.
-       Abhayahastam and KireeTam for the PerumaaL have to be made.
Estimates have been called for and details will be furnished in due course.
ANBIL DIVYA DESAM
A brief reference to the specialties of the Anbil Divya dEsam may not be out
of place in this connection. As already explained in earlier postings:
·       This is the birthplace of Sage Vaalmiki, before he moved north and this
fact is supported by stone inscriptions on the surrounding walls.
·       Though Swami Nammaazhwar did his SaraNaagati at TiruvEnkaTam (Vide:
?agalakillEn? paasuram), he is said to have attained ?mOksham: at this
Divyadesam which Tirumazhisai Azhwar had long before described as ?pEranbil?
(Vide: ?NaagathiNai? paasuram), a kind of twin cities comprising of
TiruppERnagar and Tiru Anbil (like Hyderabad-Secunderabad and Delhi- New
Delhi etc.)
This is substantiated by the fact that of the four works of Nammaazhwar,
Tiruvoimozhi is the last one and the last Divyadesam that finds mention (in
the last Patthu) is this ?pEranbil?where he questions the Lord why he had
been indifferent to him all the while and why chose to grant mOksham to him
at this DivyadEsam. (Vide: ?Inru ennai oru poruLaakki? paasuram). After
this, no other DivyadEsam figures and the Azhwar proceeds to describe the
?Archiraadi maargam? through which the Jeevaatma travels to reach
Paramaatma.
·       This is one of the Vyuha moorthi kshEtrams dedicated to ?Aniruddhan?,
the
others being ?Para VaasudEvan? of Srirangam, ?Samkarshanan?of Tiru Uraiyur,
?Pradhyumnan? of TiruveLLarai and ?PurushOttaman? of Uttamar koil.
·       Kalki, the illustrious Tamil writer in his ?Ponniyin Selvan?, speaks
highly of the generations of ?Aniruddha Brahma Raayar family? whose ?Raayar
Samasthaanam? was reputed for its munificence in feeding ?Desaantris? at all
times. I am told, that even today, the ?Raayar Samasthaanam? extends a
cordial welcome to all those who arrive at bus terminus, ?Parisal Thurai?
and Railway Station and provide sumptuous food to one and all and the
tradition is carried on unabatedly. (I have not had an occasion to see this
personally in the recent past. However, as a school kid (some 70 years ago)
I used to witness this!)
·       The KshEtram is also known as Brahmapuri as the Lord gave Pratyaksham
Brahma. It is also known as ?PrEmapuri?- the word translates in Tamil into
?anbu+ill? ?Abode of Love?.
·       Another rare feature in this temple is that the Utsavar of Andal is in
sitting posture, whereas you will find Andal only in a standing posture
elsewhere.
·       The Moolavar is ?Sundararaaja PerumaaL? and the Utsavar is
?VaDIvazhagiya
Nambi?. Of all the Utsava moorthis in the 106 DivyadEsams in BhoolOKam, this
Utsavar is renowned as the most beautiful true to his name. This fact is
attested by the write up in the Journal ?Bhakti?
·       But, the DivyadEsam consecrated by Azhwar is today in shambles and
needs
to be rejuvenated.
·       With the niyamanam of asmad Achaaryan, Srimad Andavan of
Poundarikapuram
Swami Asramam, Srirangam, the entire excess of Receipts over expenses
through the sale of my earlier book ?Hinduism Rediscovered? (released by the
him during his 84th Tirunakshatram celebrations in 2004) was earmarked for
these Kainkaryams.
·        The funds assembled as aforesaid are not enough to meet the above
expenses. It is therefore, proposed to donate also the entire Sale proceeds
of the new book ?Myths, Miracles and Mysticism? for the purpose.
NOW, ABOUT THE NEW BOOK:
This contains 3 Parts:
Part 1 ?Myths?: seeks to prove how the anecdotes from Vedas, Upanishads,
Itihasas and PuraaNas that are dismissed by some as false (mithyaa) are not
figments of imagination but truly happened (SathyamEva) and the morals they
convey are as valid in the present day contexts as they were when they
happened.
Part 2 ?Miracles?: Modern minds that reject Myths as fiction tend to accept
only when some miracles happen. Anecdotes from scriptures and instances of
contemporaneous miracles are cited to show that such miracles do occur even
to this day.
Part 3 ? Mysticism? lists several phenomena like ?Kall GaruDan? of
Nachiyaarkoil, ?Taanaana TirumEni? of Bhagavad Ramanuja being preserved
without any fanfare and without any of the preservatives employed in the
Egyptian and Goan models, all within the Praakaaram of BhoolOka VaikunTam,
Srirangam temple, ?Attigiri Varadan? of Kanchipuram lying submerged under
waters of the temple tank for millions of years without any damage or
depreciation and many more that defy Science and rational analysis but are
nevertheless true and within our experience.

Independent readers commissioned to review the drafts by reputed Publishers
in USA have reported that the narratives are as interesting as the comments
are convincing.

Some of these Anecdotes were featured in ?Sri Ranganatha Paaduka? the
monthly Journal of Srirangam Srimad Andavan Asramam, Srirangam. This book is
being published by Sri Ramanuja Mission Inc. U.S.A. (Unit of the above
Asramam, who had kindly bestowed on the author the title of ?Kaimkarya
Rathnam? as a ?Lifetime Achievement Recognition award? on the eve of my
present visit o India.

While placing on record my sincere appreciation of your encouragement for
?Hinduism Rediscovered? book, I seek your continued patronage for this book
also especially because the entire proceeds will be donated to DivyadEsams
consecrated by Azhwars but are today languishing for funds even for Deepam,
Vastram and NaivEdhyam.

This is a smaller book compared to ?Hinduism Rediscovered?. The book with
elegant ?get up? is moderately priced at Rs.75/= in India and USD 14.75
(ex-India).Those in India may draw Check / Demand draft for Rs.75/= per copy
in favor of ?Ramaswamy Anbil? and send it to the following address:
Ramaswamy Anbil, c/o Mrs. Mythili, 25 (Old 22) 2nd East Park Street,
Prithvipakkam, Ambattur, Chennai ? 600 053 (Phone # 044-2657 3246).
They are advised to send an email to Ramanbil@xxxxxxxxxxx for linking the
orders and expediting dispatch. For those in U.S.A. and other countries
ex-India, a further communication will follow.
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy