You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00061 Aug 2005

Let us not forget the basic principles of Sanatana Dharma:

1. Let noble thoughts come to us from the whole world
(aa no bhadraah kratavo yantu vishvatah)
2. Truth is one names are many
(ekam sadvipraah bahudaa vadanti)
3. World is one family
 (vasudhaiva kuTumbhakam)
4. One who realizes that lord's support is upon him(her) is indeed sustained
(yopaam aayatanam veda aayatanavaan bhavati)
5. Everything  is permeated by the lord. Cherish your share with detachment and
without envy.

Buddhism, and Jainism solemnize one aspect of sanatana dharma
(jnaana maarga and advaita); whereas the Abrahamic religions
solemnize on another aspect of sanatana dharma
 (bhakti/surrender/un clinching faith and dualism).

However, sects within the body of sanaatana dharma tend to cling to very narrow
views and tend to rationalize the scriptures to fit their narrow views.

dAsan

K.S. tAtAchAr