You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00075 Aug 2005

SrI:
SrImathE gopaladesikaya namah:

Dearest all,

After Poigai, bhootha, Pey, Thirumazhisai Kulasekara
and ThiruppANAzhwAr anubhavams, let us now continue on
PeriyAzhwAr anubhavams. Today?s verse is 2.9.6 of
PeriyAzhwAr Thirumozhi.

pOdhar_kaNdaay_ingEpOdhar_kaNdaay
        pOdharEnennaadhEpOdhar_kaNdaay
EdhEnumsolli_asalakaththaar
        EdhEnumpEsan^aan_kEtkamattEn
kOdhukalamudaikkuttanEyaa!
        kunReduththaay! kudamaadukooththaa!
vEdhapporuLE! envEngadavaa!
        viththakanE! ingEpOdharaayE.             2.9.6

[AzhwAr immediately remembers this saaLagrAmam nambhI
at ThiruvEmkatam] Oh my son! The One who lifted the
Govardhana mountain! Pot dancer! Veda purushA! The
essence of Vedas! My ThiruvEnkata nAthA! The Most
wonderful Lord! Come here. Come into our house. Do not
say no and come into our home. Other people start
telling praises about you and end up saying all sorts
of complaints about you, darling. When they narrate
all that one would never dream of saying. They call
you names. and I can not bear to hear that.

They start saying Thiruvudai nambhI; SaalagrAmam
udaiya nambhI etc.. but end up calling you butter
thief. You should be praised for what you have done;
should you be called names like this? You lifted the
mountain for them; and they themselves talk all sorts
of things. You dance with pot; can you break them?
karma kaaNdam of Vedas talk about the ArAdhanam done
to you; jnAna kANdam mention that You are the cause,
creator, the one who grants fruits and upAsyan and
Parama Purushaartham as well. You are Sarva
SamArAdhyan; SarvEshwaran; Sarva Vedha prathipAdhyan.
Veda purushan. All this is reflected in the way You
stand on the top of ThiruvEnkatam (Venkata veRpu ena
viLangum VEDHA VERPE..- says Swamy Desikan) Such
greatest Lord- to be talked about like this by
illiterate cowherd folks- only You can do it
because You are Maayavan- vitthagan- Most wonderful,
mysterious Lord.

KuttanE Venkatavaa- YasOdhA herself came later as
VaguLamAlikA (as the mother of ThiruvEnkatamudaiyaan-
as is referred to in His mAhAthmya grantham). Hence,
Venkata nAthan- is yasOdhA?s kuttan- says Sri UttamUr
Swamy.

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana