You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2007

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00015 Aug 2007

SRI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest All,

AzhwAr expresses in this 5th decad his ananyagatitvam
and (having none other as his refuge) Akinchanyam
(helplessness) which are closely tied to Saranagati.

The Prapatti should be performed as follows:

Oh my master! Master of all worlds! Lord of
Mahalakshmi! I am Yours; Your possession! Your
subservient, myself and all mine are only Yours. I am
your dependent; your serf; you can order me about in
all services to you.

You had yourself invested me with a good discernment
about You. This you had once long ago done- for some
unknown, good act of mine, as a reward. Then at a
suitable moment, you caused me to be under the
influence and direction of a good Acharya, which led
me onto Prapatti performance. This evolution to a
prapanna status who was wholly due to your original
awakening kindled in me.

So, I owe my spiritual progress entirely due to You.
You did all this, by Your free will, for Your own
purpose, to adopt me, as a prapanna, to Your eternal
service and grace. What is there to be called my role?
None. Having conceived the scheme of weaning me to
your service, you perhaps and rightly so, willed that
you should yourself carry all burden, reading my
weakness and inability to bear the self-protection
myself; took charge of me and mine safety and
protection, on your shoulders. My burden became Yours.
You keep all mine with you carefully and diligently.

All (especially in the current day times- says Dr Sri
VN Vedanta Dseikan Swami) who adhere to prapatti will
do well to remember that they must cherish the
achievement with a humility with a gratitude to the
Lord and the acharya. They must also not proclaim in
and our of season about their resurrection. Why do we
emphasize this?

Very fortunately they have won the grace of the Lord
and of the Acharya. Their publicity may not send right
signals to all their close circles, which would
perhaps look with suspicion and derision.

viRRuvakkOt tammaan^ee vENdaayE yaayidinum
maRRaarum paRRillE NnenRu_avanaith thaaLn^ayantha
koRRavEl thaanaik kulasE karansonna
naRRamizhpath thumvallaar naNNaar naragamE   5.10

Oh Lord of VitthuvakkOdu! Even if You reject me,
adiyEn will not seek anyone else for my succor and
protection. adiyEn fell at Your Sacred Thiruvadi with
this message elaborated thru the ten paasurams.
Those who recite them will never ever end up in
narakam. They will only gain You as their immeasurable
wealth.

In these ten beautiful and moving paasurams devoted to
the Lord of Thiru VitthuvakkODu, Kolli Naattu king,
KulasEkarar instructs us on the inseparable
relationship between ParamAthmA (Sarva Seshi and
Sarva Loka SaraNyan) and the forever dependent
jeevAthmA, the nirupAdhika sEshan.

Before concluding this ten, let us enjoy Swamy
Desikan?s Tamil prabandham

nin aruLaam gathiyinRi maRRonRillEn/ nedun~ kaalam
pizhai seydha nilai kazhindhEn/
un aruLukku inidhaana nilai pugundhEn/ un saraNE saraN
ennum thuNivu pooNdEn/
manniruLaay ninRa nilai enakku theertthu/ vaanavar
magizcchi thara varitthEn unnai/
innaruLaay ini enakkOr bharamERRaamal en thirumaal
adaikkalam koL ennai neeyE

There is no other recourse except Your Grace. I am
able to get rid of the long accrued sins over the ages
from time immemorial for so many births. I am blessed
to be the recipient of Your Grace. (Due to Your
limitless unbounded Grace) I have surrendered to take
refuge at Your Feet. Much to the enjoyment of
Nithyasooris and muktha JivAthmAs, I have placed you
in my heart, and been able to dispel the darkness and
ignorance. Please do not let me bear any more burden
(of further births) and please enslave me (by
accepting my SaraNAgati).

AzhwAr ThiruvadigaLE saraNam
Regards
Namo narayana