You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2007

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00030 Aug 2007

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest All,

In the sixth decad, Kulasekara AzhwAr assumes the role
of different milk maids (Gopikas) and conveys the
feeling of anger caused by the misbehaviour of Krishna
with regard to his affairs with other Gopikas. In the
words of Milkmaids, AzhwAr complains:

After experiencing the God through mental perception,
the mystic saint develops an urge for a direct
communion with God and desires to see Him visually.
But this does not happen and suffers from frustration
and anguish. When he is overtaken by intense grief and
languishing for the Lord, on account of separation
from God, he gives the expression of inner feelings in
different ways. The grief caused by separation from
God which becomes unbearable for a mystic even for a
moment is described here in this decad.

Let us enjoy the first verse.

koNdaiyoN kaNmata vaaLorutthi
keezhai yakatthuth thayir_kataiyak
kaNdu_ollai naanum kataivanenRu
kaLLa vizhivizhith thuppukku
vaNtamar poonguzhal thaazhnthulaava
vaaNmukam vErppaccev vaaytthutippa
thandayir neekatain^ thittavaNNam
thaamOtha raamey yaRivann^aanE          6.2

Damodharaa! In the house eastern side of my home, I
myself have seen and witnessed You entering into, and
seeing that the attractive most beautiful fish like
eyed Gopika was churning the curd alone and all by
herself; pretended to offer Your help ?let me also
churn along with you, so that it would be finished
faster; ? Your dark curly tresses lower and swing on
the forehead; the most beautiful shining divine face
shows droplets of sweat on it; the red coral like lips
quiver due to strain and this whole scene aroused her
passion by Your looking at her with those deceitful
and charming lotus like eyes of Yours and holding her
hand for churning the curd. I know and have seen them
all.

AzhwAr ThiruvadigaLE saraNam
Regards
Namo narayana